cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not to point out the elephant in the room...

DreamerO
Explorer
Facebook. Sorry if that felt like being singled out -- because what ended up happening is thousands of Americans were singled out in targeted advertisement campaigns, in an information war campaign between the USA and Russia.

Not looking to discuss the bigger existential crisis afoot, only...how do you feel about Oculus? 
Has your impression changed any?
53 REPLIES 53

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:

Oculus was affected by the politics of Palmer, and Facebook corrected it in a way that allowed Oculus to continue forward and thrive. I hope that this trend continues.

How was Oculus affected by the politics of Palmer? It was the overreaction to said politics that caused the problem. 

You know how. You saw it happen and commented on it at that time, and it was already stated. Consumers and Developers openly expressed via outlets such as Social Media their desire and intent to no longer support Oculus while Palmer remained.

Whether it was an overreaction or not is purely your opinion, and irrelevant. The point is that there was a widespread reaction and Facebook remedied the problem properly.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

elboffor said:

More relevant than the privacy leak. Why the hell do people keep saying "could care less" when they are insinuating that they don't care at all.
The phrase is "could'nt care less" which insinuates it would not be possible to care less about a particular issue.
I blame facebook for that, if we dont curb such incorrect usage of the English language then we are going to need another amendment to the dictionary  (literally now also means not literally).

The world has gone mad!

I'd give up on that already, friend! I've certainly given up trying to help the illiterates of the internet (from English speaking countries, dare I add....) because I found most of their egos couldn't stand it and they just got angry instead of better at English 🙂

What makes me spew is hearing so many Brits using silly Yank words (like functionality, tonality, in actuality - are ya fekkin kidding me??!!) in every day conversations (and worse, the media doing that). I think it's because there is so much US TV on in the UK these days, and people go out less and watch more - along with the internet, it's just killing our beloved Mother tongue.

All you can do is speak proper English, like wot we do, and be appy.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Speaking bad English is a privilege that comes from being responsible for leading the world in Technology. We get to be lazy as we continue to innovate, while others do less innovation and thus have more time to focus on criticizing bad grammar.

B)

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Ha haaa - that's a gud un! 😄

PS - it's not bad grammar, it's talking like a thicko. 😉

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Jokes aside, I know what you mean though. People talk terribly around these parts. I do value good speaking.

LZoltowski
Champion
I speakz gud. I no ideaz wut yo takin bout.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

nalex66 said:

I don’t use Facebook personally, and as far as Oculus, I haven’t noticed any Russian propaganda being beamed straight into my brain via the headset. All is well, Comrades!

Agreed, have a dvink on me...

Твоё здоровье!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

elboffor
Consultant
Yor needz to talk propa brittish
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

cybernettr
Superstar
In other words, Palmer was the victim of a political witch hunt driven by fake news. 

LZoltowski
Champion

In other words, Palmer was the victim of a political witch hunt driven by fake news. 

What did I just say?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂