cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flying Aces: Navy Pilot Simulator

tasfunk
Protege
We've been in development for over a year.
The scheduled release date is July 1st.

We just launched on Kickstarter, it's a good chance to get the game at a discount and help us improve it through beta testing.  Thanks for your support.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tassystems/navy-pilot-simulator-virtual-reality-oculus-htc-vi

https://youtu.be/kD4mR-VBdRE

4qifhf05a9kr.jpg
15 REPLIES 15

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'd be interested in trying a beta if you like ? I work at Flyinside 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

tasfunk
Protege

Techy111 said:

I'd be interested in trying a beta if you like ? I work at Flyinside 😉

Thanks, we might take you up on that.
Incidentally, how does Flyinside handle touch controls.
Does the user have to buy extra hardware?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I don't think the YouTube clip shows what it's all about really, is this about handling an aircraft in a simulator or is it about attacking targets etc? Also, how accurate it the flight model and what aircraft is this? Does look nice but there's not much to go on in this clip. Cheers!

tasfunk
Protege
You're right, we'll upload a better trailer soon.

The game revolves around becoming a test pilot for the Navy.
You start off with basic training missions such as taking off and flying to specific waypoints.
As you progress you'll be tasked with landing on an aircraft carrier in storm conditions, and other harrowing scenarios.

The game has a neat grading system in which your landings are scored based on various characteristics:
ie: Weight on the wheels at landing, distance from center line, etc.

We're working on missions where you engage in target practice but that might not be in the first release.

The game will retail for $24.99 in the Oculus store.

Keep the questions coming.

Thanks

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Not for me. I've had my fill of US Pilot sims (what DCS is effectively becoming now, too) - I want aircraft and air forces (or navies if ya like) from all parts of the world - not just the same one for over 30 years.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

tasfunk
Protege
We just launched on Kickstarter, it's a good chance to get the game at a discount and help us improve it through beta testing.  Thanks for your support.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tassystems/navy-pilot-simulator-virtual-reality-oculus-htc-vi

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not convinced we need just a Navy Aircraft Sim. Surely this would be called TOP GUN. If you really want to revolve it around over sea Flying and Carrier then I think VR works best to take us into some fantasy or widespread sim action. e.g.
FANTASY - floating carriers like in Xmen movies or carriers which are submersible also with fighters which can be subs too. Mission into underwater caves into bases to take out other flying carriers etc.

WIDESPREAD SIM - planes (many types on carriers) plus helicopters, use rib-boats to carry out checks on suspected pirate boats and other missions with control of guns onboard, mini-sub wreck recovery/search & rescue, use tactical room to organise the mission your way, obviously multiplayer, etc.

falken76
Expert Consultant

tspree15 said:

You're right, we'll upload a better trailer soon.

The game revolves around becoming a test pilot for the Navy.
You start off with basic training missions such as taking off and flying to specific waypoints.
As you progress you'll be tasked with landing on an aircraft carrier in storm conditions, and other harrowing scenarios.

The game has a neat grading system in which your landings are scored based on various characteristics:
ie: Weight on the wheels at landing, distance from center line, etc.

We're working on missions where you engage in target practice but that might not be in the first release.

The game will retail for $24.99 in the Oculus store.

Keep the questions coming.

Thanks

It looks interesting.  I'm into DCS World, but this looks cool.  Is that an F18?  How are the flight mechanics?  Will flight sim fans have an issue with them?  If you do it right it could work.  If at all possible, make dynamic missions so the game would have a lot more replay value.  Release an editor in an update so people can make and share missions.

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Yeah I'm not overly convinced from the trailer. Are you trying to compete with established flight sims or you going a different direction? I ask cause this is also coming out in the next few months:

https://youtu.be/R4xvIBffp5M