cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Gold Rush Event #1: Brass Tactics

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Wow... $28k in prizes: Rifts, gaming PCs, golden accounts, and more.

We get to download and play the qualifying Gold Rush event games for free, and automatically have a chance to win free stuff and thaangs! What an amazing time for Rift owners.

There are 4 Gold Rush events in total, and Brass Tactics is the first. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to attend this one due to the Holiday Weekend, but I want to wish all Rift participants the best of luck!

If anyone wins something, please post it here so that I can read with envy.

52 REPLIES 52

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
I used to wish that rift has a larger user base, so that developers have more incentive to develop for this particular platform. But somehow now I wish it has a smaller user base. The smaller the better. I really don't know why..

AzzAmoebA
Explorer
It is indeed a great event.

I only hope/request the future entry time somehow more inclusive of other timezones. Either a longer time or seperate entry periods 12 hours apart (while restricting entry to 1 per game) would be wonderful.

AlanOToole
Adventurer
I'll be online ready to go for this one, very exciting!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn't it 5-6am UK time? Sod that! 😮 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm only out of my pit at that sort of time if I wet the bed lmfao 😛

CrashFu
Consultant

AzzAmoebA said:

It is indeed a great event.

I only hope/request the future entry time somehow more inclusive of other timezones. Either a longer time or seperate entry periods 12 hours apart (while restricting entry to 1 per game) would be wonderful.

Agreed.  I have to be at work at the same time the entry period starts. :[

I'll be pretty bummed out if I miss out on all the future events for the same reason.  Even if I have no chance of winning, I'll still be sad that I miss out on all the event-participation-exclusive Home Decorations.  😛
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

HiThere_
Superstar
I got in on 13.45 PDT time instead of the 12.45 PDT I had planned for, by mistake (I was one hour off PDT time).

Then spent ~14 minutes finding 5+ matches, but being disconnected each time before the match started (server overload, I wonder why ? ^^ ).

Finally made it into a game that didn't disconnect me, at ~13.59 PDT.

And fortunately the moment that game started, I was informed my participation was validated : If I had had to finish that match to validate my participation, I would have failed to validate my participation in the Gold Event.

How can I feel this much (mentally) exhausted after only playing one match ? ^^°°°

nalex66
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

9-10 pm UK time (you're 8 hours ahead of Pacific Time). It's just about to end as of the time of this post.

I got on and played a game against a random kid who didn't quite have a grasp on the mechanics of the game, so it was an easy win. Got a Gold Rush achievement, so I guess that's me qualified for my shot at a prize.

I sent you a few invites, @LZoltowski, but didn't manage to connect.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

LZoltowski
Champion

nalex66 said:

snowdog said:

9-10 pm UK time (you're 8 hours ahead of Pacific Time). It's just about to end as of the time of this post.

I got on and played a game against a random kid who didn't quite have a grasp on the mechanics of the game, so it was an easy win. Got a Gold Rush achievement, so I guess that's me qualified for my shot at a prize.

I sent you a few invites, @LZoltowski, but didn't manage to connect.

Hey, it kept bugging out for me for some reason, a friend wanted to play after that ..

I'm still up for a game later on if you want I am a total noob!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂