cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, we couldn't install [app name]. Visit Oculus Support to get help."

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
This blows so hard right now! I've been getting the following message for over a week now when trying to install new apps: "Sorry, we couldn't install [app name]. Visit Oculus Support to get help." Then it started to freeze my computer upon opening Oculus Home. Finally decided to contact support, and since I refused to give them the log, due to privacy concerns (seems like a LOT of info that I have no idea what it really contains is being collected) and their solution was to reinstall the Oculus software. They sent me a guide what to nuke in Safe Mode. I did it, without even backup, just to make sure it's all clear. Unfortunately now nothing is installed and I still get the same damn message!  "Sorry, we couldn't install [app name]. Visit Oculus Support to get help." So not only I can't play ANYTHING, it looks like I will miss out on the Brass Tactics giveaway now too! I noticed that it does download the game, but it doesn't install it into Oculus Home. I tried to run exe and it says Entitlement Check Failed. I wouldn't be posting here if at least the support was faster with their answers, but each answer takes at least 24h+ and I assume they don't work on holidays. I don't know what to do at this point? Why wouldn't the damn software correct itself after full reinstall!?
Anyone ANY ideas?

EDIT: SteamVR games play fine, but are not being added to the library
69 REPLIES 69

glen_h_hightowe
Explorer
I am having the same problem. Uninstalled everything and now can't reinstall anything.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
Interesting. So it's not only me! Exact same message in notifications?

Tasic
Explorer
Yes I have the same problem. I could not install brass tactics so I reinstalled the app and put my software folder back in to get my saved files back after the restart. I have the same message but I have not tried to actually put on my oculus yet. Someone please help with this.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
Do you have any recent updates that won't install? Or is it JUST Brass Tactics. Because for me it started with apps like Rec Room, Big Screen, DeoVR that they would stop updating with that message and just hanging in updates the whole time, then my computer started to freeze every time I would open Oculus Home, and now after reinstall at least it doesn't freeze the computer any longer, but I can't install ANYTHING. it's empty! (shows as ready to download/purchased)  

Tasic
Explorer
Gr0dba why did you uninstall oculus in the first place? Mine was because of the brass tactics not installing then I uninstalled the app, backed up my saved files, reinstalled the app and put my save files back into oculus and then this started happening. I was thinking to just make a new oculus account for now and play some free games and enter the giveaway on the new account then if I win I can use stuff on that account, if I don't win then it won't really impact anything.

Tasic
Explorer
oh I see why you uninstalled now. I have the problem with all of the games in my library. I am going to try some new games I have not tried before and I am also removing all of my software in the oculus folder and trying to see if that will help.

Tasic
Explorer
Update: I made a new account and I am still having the same problems with as before. Same error message and I can not install any game. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Disable any anti-virus programs you might have- this can cause some games not to install - it's what IT calls a false positive and something your AV needs to auto white list in the future. You can also manually tell your AV not to scan that location as well in the future.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
I believe I tried that in the past, but let me try again. Thanks for the suggestion