cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, we couldn't install [app name]. Visit Oculus Support to get help."

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
This blows so hard right now! I've been getting the following message for over a week now when trying to install new apps: "Sorry, we couldn't install [app name]. Visit Oculus Support to get help." Then it started to freeze my computer upon opening Oculus Home. Finally decided to contact support, and since I refused to give them the log, due to privacy concerns (seems like a LOT of info that I have no idea what it really contains is being collected) and their solution was to reinstall the Oculus software. They sent me a guide what to nuke in Safe Mode. I did it, without even backup, just to make sure it's all clear. Unfortunately now nothing is installed and I still get the same damn message!  "Sorry, we couldn't install [app name]. Visit Oculus Support to get help." So not only I can't play ANYTHING, it looks like I will miss out on the Brass Tactics giveaway now too! I noticed that it does download the game, but it doesn't install it into Oculus Home. I tried to run exe and it says Entitlement Check Failed. I wouldn't be posting here if at least the support was faster with their answers, but each answer takes at least 24h+ and I assume they don't work on holidays. I don't know what to do at this point? Why wouldn't the damn software correct itself after full reinstall!?
Anyone ANY ideas?

EDIT: SteamVR games play fine, but are not being added to the library
69 REPLIES 69

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
Nope, no effect. Just won't install (message on the very bottom showed up after I switched to beta 2.0, which I don't care about, just wanted to try something new)

Tasic
Explorer
I also disabled my antivirus for oculus and this did not work. I'm afraid we won't make the Gold rush but there will be at least 3 more to partake in the future.

Tasic
Explorer
I found this post I am going to try it "Okay, so I was able to get all of the games in my library installed last night. This is what worked for me, hopefully this might help anyone else who stumbles upon this post. Since my install errors arose when I registered and connected the Touch controllers, I figured I'd remove them from the scenario.

I uninstalled Oculus (yet again), unplugged the second sensor that came with the controller bundle and I took out the batteries from the controllers.

I rebooted and reinstalled the Oculus software, and from there I was able to download and install all of the games in my library. Not wanting to jinx the process, I waited until all the games were installed before I plugged the second sensor in and put the batteries back in the controllers.

I was finally able to play Robo Recall and it's freaking amazing!"

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
Try it out and let us know. Sounds like an older post though, lots have changed since then. I can hardly believe that controllers and extra sensors would somehow prevented OH from installing new games, but I guess stranger things can happen.

Tasic
Explorer
Have you tried installing the games from INSIDE the oculus yet? 

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
No, I have not, that did not occur to me. Let me try that now, I'll even disable AV just in case.

Dyplex
Honored Guest
Same problem here. I had 3 games stuck: Brass Tactics, Mage's Tale, and Rec Room. Disabling Windows Defender did nothing for any of them. Logging out of Oculus Home and then back in fixed Rec Room. Both Mage's tale and Brass Tactics still fail to get to the installed state despite getting to 100% of installed..

Tasic
Explorer
Ya nothing has worked so far.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
Nope, no go from Inside of the Oculus, same message at the end in the notifications area.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer

Dyplex said:

Same problem here. I had 3 games stuck: Brass Tactics, Mage's Tale, and Rec Room. Disabling Windows Defender did nothing for any of them. Logging out of Oculus Home and then back in fixed Rec Room. Both Mage's tale and Brass Tactics still fail to get to the installed state despite getting to 100% of installed..

I see progress bar with download go to 100%, but on install goes to 99% and then it reverses itself entirely, and I'm left with the "can't install" message.