New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift Gold Rush Event #1: Brass Tactics

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,152 Valuable Player
Wow... $28k in prizes: Rifts, gaming PCs, golden accounts, and more.

We get to download and play the qualifying Gold Rush event games for free, and automatically have a chance to win free stuff and thaangs! What an amazing time for Rift owners.

There are 4 Gold Rush events in total, and Brass Tactics is the first. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to attend this one due to the Holiday Weekend, but I want to wish all Rift participants the best of luck!

If anyone wins something, please post it here so that I can read with envy.

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• BrokenSymmetryBrokenSymmetry Posts: 250
    Nexus 6
    I used to wish that rift has a larger user base, so that developers have more incentive to develop for this particular platform. But somehow now I wish it has a smaller user base. The smaller the better. I really don't know why..
  • AzzAmoebAAzzAmoebA Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    It is indeed a great event.

I only hope/request the future entry time somehow more inclusive of other timezones. Either a longer time or seperate entry periods 12 hours apart (while restricting entry to 1 per game) would be wonderful.
  • AlanOTooleAlanOToole Posts: 135 Oculus Start Member
    I'll be online ready to go for this one, very exciting!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,501 Valuable Player
    Isn't it 5-6am UK time? Sod that! :o:D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    AzzAmoebA said:
    It is indeed a great event.

I only hope/request the future entry time somehow more inclusive of other timezones. Either a longer time or seperate entry periods 12 hours apart (while restricting entry to 1 per game) would be wonderful.
    Agreed.  I have to be at work at the same time the entry period starts. :[

I'll be pretty bummed out if I miss out on all the future events for the same reason.  Even if I have no chance of winning, I'll still be sad that I miss out on all the event-participation-exclusive Home Decorations.  :P
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,277
    3Jane
    edited March 2018
    I got in on 13.45 PDT time instead of the 12.45 PDT I had planned for, by mistake (I was one hour off PDT time).

Then spent ~14 minutes finding 5+ matches, but being disconnected each time before the match started (server overload, I wonder why ? ^^ ).

Finally made it into a game that didn't disconnect me, at ~13.59 PDT.

And fortunately the moment that game started, I was informed my participation was validated : If I had had to finish that match to validate my participation, I would have failed to validate my participation in the Gold Event.

How can I feel this much (mentally) exhausted after only playing one match ? ^^°°°
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,441 Volunteer Moderator
    snowdog said:
    9-10 pm UK time (you're 8 hours ahead of Pacific Time). It's just about to end as of the time of this post.

I got on and played a game against a random kid who didn't quite have a grasp on the mechanics of the game, so it was an easy win. Got a Gold Rush achievement, so I guess that's me qualified for my shot at a prize.

I sent you a few invites, @LZoltowski, but didn't manage to connect.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    nalex66 said:
    snowdog said:
    9-10 pm UK time (you're 8 hours ahead of Pacific Time). It's just about to end as of the time of this post.

I got on and played a game against a random kid who didn't quite have a grasp on the mechanics of the game, so it was an easy win. Got a Gold Rush achievement, so I guess that's me qualified for my shot at a prize.

I sent you a few invites, @LZoltowski, but didn't manage to connect.
    Hey, it kept bugging out for me for some reason, a friend wanted to play after that ..

I'm still up for a game later on if you want I am a total noob!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    @nalex66 where do you see your achievement?
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• Shiko812Shiko812 Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2018
    did you have to get the acheivement to be entered cause i played won and such but no achievement for me and my game ended about 30 minutes ago (2:45 GMT-7 1:45 PT)
    I found the achievement, its in your Home under achievements ... DUH.

• HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,277
    3Jane
    @nalex66 where do you see your achievement?
    As far as I can tell : You saw it in-game, at the very beginning of the mutliplayer match, displayed on the huge board above and behind the opponent facing you.

As for where else you can go check it after that match is over : All I can say is that I didn't receive an instant "notification" from the Oculus Store, and still haven't ~25 minutes later.
    Brain Burst
    oh HAHA when it comes to playing Brass tactics i never look at scoreboard or behind the opponents castle as i tend to focus hard on the board XD alright well hopefully i successfully entered
    Brain Burst
    Oh if anyone feels like it feel free to add me to their Friends list
  • AlanOTooleAlanOToole Posts: 135 Oculus Start Member
    I’ll have to check to see if I got that achievement! I didn’t notice on either the matches I was in. 
    Oh if anyone feels like it feel free to add me to their Friends list
    I cant seem to find you, typing in sean.loosle.1 yields no results.

Brain Burst
    Try Shiko812
    for some reason forum wont update username
    Brain Burst
    anyone know when the winners will be announced and when they will receive their rewards?
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    Man, it was a pretty good game actually. I didn't really enjoy it much from playing Brash Arena which I never found an mp game in and pretty much didn't feel like ever playing again. This time I got to see the game to it's full potential, and had a couple of good intense matches... Games can drag out really long though, one lasted 43 min. and I can see it potentially going quite a bit longer. Feels pretty deep when you're locked in a battle where you are both holding your ground trying to break each other.

I played a game which was constantly fought on my opponents end, one zone out from his castle and there he held me off for a 90% of the duration of  the match. I had the economic advantage and the brute force but not the tactical skills (was my second game or something) to use it so it was just a massive onslought to wear him out... I think he conceded at the end, or I got his castle, I don't know as it was chaos.
  • JacobUnoJacobUno Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    So does that mean each week they're giving away 28k, or mixed between all the weeks...

(I entered in first week wondering when you find out who won)

Thanks!
    @JacobUno I believe each week there is a PC, golden accounts, rifts + vouchers 

• JacobUnoJacobUno Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    @JacobUno I believe each week there is a PC, golden accounts, rifts + vouchers 
    So you mean theres all those prizes each week? Awesome! When is the winner announced?
    edited April 2018
    I thought there were 4 Gold Rush events. Where did you see this breakdown of dates and prizes?

Also, avatar item? Like something new for our Oculus Avatars to wear? I wonder if that’s also awarded on the draw date, or if it’s already there like the achievement after participating in the event. 

Edit: after reading the official rules, I don’t think the “avatar item” has anything to do with Oculus Avatars, I think it probably is just the game achievement you get when you participate in the event. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
    nalex66 said:
    I thought there were 4 Gold Rush events. Where did you see this breakdown of dates and prizes?

Also, avatar item? Like something new for our Oculus Avatars to wear? I wonder if that’s also awarded on the draw date, or if it’s already there like the achievement after participating in the event. 

https://www.oculus.com/legal/rift-gold-rush/

Maybe there will be an extra super rush at the end?

• KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,201
    Wintermute
    edited April 2018
    the 4th could be for everyone qualifying battle for the prices ?
    Be good, die great !
    Yeah, I just found the official rules at the bottom of the blog post. Funny, it does say that there are four events, then goes on to list three. I guess we’ll see what happens in three weeks. 
  • fragjamfragjam Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I spent half an hour trying to get into a multiplayer game but it kept failing to connect during the event. So no competition entry for me! Odd as it worked fine earlier in the day. Were the servers overloaded perhaps?
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,152 Valuable Player
    fragjam said:
    I spent half an hour trying to get into a multiplayer game but it kept failing to connect during the event. So no competition entry for me! Odd as it worked fine earlier in the day. Were the servers overloaded perhaps?

Sorry to hear. Well if you makes you feel any better... the only competition I've had all weekend is wtfpwning 4 years olds in an egg hunt.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane