cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

LZoltowski
Champion
Console commands confirmed working (time to be a deity! lol)

I just bought it, there's 20% off on greenmangaming.com
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, Greenman Gaming must be raking in the cash with that 20% discount code. Everyone online in either the Skyrim VR or Oculus sub-Reddits have bought the game from there.

Tbh now I've bought it I wouldn't have lost any sleep if I had paid full price for it.

I'm just VERY pissed off that Bethesda fucked up the launches of Fallout 4 VR and Doom VFR, these three games being outstanding would have been FANTASTIC for VR, those two games have damaged VR imo.

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
Maybe a dumb question : will my save from the "flat" game work since I have hundreds of hours played, or will I have to start everything again ?
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
How do you get the discount?
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-vr-pc/

just say £40 for me?

LZoltowski
Champion

How do you get the discount?
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-vr-pc/

just say £40 for me?

At checkout use code PAYDAY20

Be kind to one another 🙂

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

Yup, Greenman Gaming must be raking in the cash with that 20% discount code. Everyone online in either the Skyrim VR or Oculus sub-Reddits have bought the game from there.

Tbh now I've bought it I wouldn't have lost any sleep if I had paid full price for it.

I'm just VERY pissed off that Bethesda fucked up the launches of Fallout 4 VR and Doom VFR, these three games being outstanding would have been FANTASTIC for VR, those two games have damaged VR imo.

Yeah I have come close to buying Fallout 4 VR two times on sale - but the issues I have read with the undocumented Rift tweaks isn't inspiring and it was never my favourite Fallout game to begin with. Especially after New Vegas which puts everything Bethesda has ever touched outside Morrowind to shame.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Well I paid full price for it yesterday, but I'm not pissed at all, as fortunately it's damn good.

Now I've got a bit more combat under my belt, it actually feels better than my first impression. As with the regular game some hits look like they're really hitting home but others like they're not doing much at all. So far I haven't had any problems with the blocking. Your blocks and the level of protection they provide are still dependant on your skill though. Power attacks by enemies will temporarily remove your shield and weapons from your hands, to simulate being staggered like in the regular game. A bit of haptic feedback when your strikes connect would be good though. When blocking with a two handed weapon it will shine to show you are blocking. Likewise with the shields, if it is transparent then your are not blocking properly, but if it is solid then it will block.

Archery is really cool. Sneaking around and one shotting a bad guy and watching him tumble down some stairs is very satisfying indeed. Magic is pretty fun too. I already played as a mage in 2D so I feel I ought to play as a warrior this time around but really I just want to do the whole mage, thief, warrior thing in one go and not miss out. Or do I do 3 playthroughs as each type? Choices, choices.  

Btw has anyone figured out how to do the realistic swimming yet. I've given it a good try but just can't seem to get anywhere by doing it as the flow of the water just carries you away. So sticking to the non realistic swimming for the time being.

Also, does anyone know how to rotate the items when viewing them in the inventory? To read the symbols on the claw I had to move right in close.

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
next question

What are the essential mods/mod packs?  I like things that make vanilla more visually believable. Busier cities, etc.

[[ I remember some essential mod packs for Oblivion spoiled the game because they included items that looked crap compared to vanilla so nothing like those... 😛 ]]

LZoltowski
Champion
I would try running it without mods first to see hwo your system performs.

If you prefer to be a caster, I highly recommend the Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim mod

Right its downloaded, off to dip my toes in the cool glacial waters of Tamriel 

Be kind to one another 🙂