cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

LZoltowski
Champion
I was walking down a road, it was getting dark, I'm just taking a stroll at a leisurely pace, taking in all the detail (loads of mods on now to make it look good) .... as the sun sets, a huge starry sky above me with a fantastical nebula and a giant moon appear, so serene and peaceful ...., then out of nowhere, a rabid dog startles me, I flinch, I kill it, heart goes a bit faster .. I continue down the road, in the forest, relaxing again now, pitch black now, it starts to rain, the 3d rain and the ambient sounds sell it to my brain, I feel a cooler gust of air, almost feel droplets of rain on my skin, I am nearly where I need to be .. better hurry a quest awaits .... Ok I am in love with this game, can you tell?

A weather and water mod is highly recommended.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It looks like enough people whose opinion I value have recommended this. I guess I will add it to my Buy List, to be purchased after I complete Lone Echo, Mage's Tale, Killing Floor, and Serious Sam.
 😮 

TinyMito
Expert Protege
I heard someone is talking about this game isn't truly supporting roomscale. Like towed weapons doesn't follow you.
Specification for troubleshooting
PC: Win 11, 10600K + 3080FE, 4K 144Hz (On 1Gbps Ethernet)
VR: Oculus CV1 (retired), Quest 2 (AirLink for PCVR)
Accessories: Unifi Dream Machine 5Ghz 4x4 MIMO, Oculus Link Cable, Quest 2 Elite Strap
App (Experimental ON): Oculus App (v40), Quest 2 (v39)

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Downloading now as well, your enthusiasms have worn me down.

Zenbane said:

It looks like enough people whose opinion I value have recommended this. I guess I will add it to my Buy List, to be purchased after I complete Lone Echo, Mage's Tale, Killing Floor, and Serious Sam.
 😮 

The enthusiasm is wearing me down as well, but I know that I won’t have any time to play if I buy it. Keep the reviews coming, though!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

😮 

It is literally taking everything in me right now not to buy it - but I am going to beat Far Cry 5, Super Hot and Arizona Sunshine first. Hopefully it is on sale by then.

I was walking down a road, it was getting dark, I'm just taking a stroll at a leisurely pace, taking in all the detail (loads of mods on now to make it look good) .... as the sun sets, a huge starry sky above me with a fantastical nebula and a giant moon appear, so serene and peaceful ...., then out of nowhere, a rabid dog startles me, I flinch, I kill it, heart goes a bit faster .. I continue down the road, in the forest, relaxing again now, pitch black now, it starts to rain, the 3d rain and the ambient sounds sell it to my brain, I feel a cooler gust of air, almost feel droplets of rain on my skin, I am nearly where I need to be .. better hurry a quest awaits .... Ok I am in love with this game, can you tell?

A weather and water mod is highly recommended.

Are you using any gameplay mods - do you know if it works with the survival mods? I believe it is frostfall that makes you have to keep warm, stay out of cold water, etc.

I want to try this out so bad now, lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
What mods are you using @LZoltowski?

Have just added the big bug fix one but don't know where else to start, there's so many of the bloomin things on Nexusmods lol

LZoltowski
Champion

snowdog said:

What mods are you using @LZoltowski?

Have just added the big bug fix one but don't know where else to start, there's so many of the bloomin things on Nexusmods lol

Here you go, these ones so far, but a huge improvement already

py71wapohh98.jpg

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wait a minute - there is already nexus mod manager support?

LZoltowski
Champion
@snowdog list of mods from:

https://redd.it/89dqya

and instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw_lmNawuh0&feature=youtu.be

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
LZ,

Are you having to manually install all these additional mods?

Skyrim VR needs a Mod that manages all these easily, kinda like this one for the base game:

DLC Integration

This mod adds content from Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn to the world through leveled lists, merchants, and manual placement of objects. Its purpose is to incorporate the DLC into the base game in ways that make sense, but were left out for various reasons.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82106

It's still nice to see this level of Mod support right out of the gates. Now we just need Community DLC (yes EvilEyes, yes) support and this could be the first VR game to keep me busy for over a year straight.