cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post your Skyrim VR reviews and impressions and discussion here.

LZoltowski
Champion
rmbxnynm6ib6.jpg

Hello all, the big one is launching very soon. Rather than having a billion threads on it, lets all share and discuss in this thread to help others make an informed purchase!

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
1,137 REPLIES 1,137

inovator
Consultant
So disappointed about shield blocking. If sword and shield system worked as good as vanishing realms we would all be in hog heaven.

LZoltowski
Champion

what drivers are people using?
any nvidia users?

Latest up to date. GTX MSI 1080 Here
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

inovator said:

So disappointed about shield blocking. If sword and shield system worked as good as vanishing realms we would all be in hog heaven.

Yeah it seems that in VR, at least this port, it's most immersive if you are an archer or a caster type.

Be kind to one another 🙂

inovator
Consultant
Since Bethesda gave in and made this game available to oculus (smart business decision) anyone believe they will do the same with fallout 4.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

inovator said:

Since Bethesda gave in and made this game available to oculus (smart business decision) anyone believe they will do the same with fallout 4.

They would get a fair bit of money if they did. I suspect many Rift owners won't purchase Fallout 4 because of the lack of support..

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
How can I get this game at a discount? Where should I look to get it cheaper?

LZoltowski
Champion

RedRizla said:

How can I get this game at a discount? Where should I look to get it cheaper?

20% off at https://www.greenmangaming.com/

Be kind to one another 🙂

danknugz
Superstar

Aidens12 said:

so far my only issues is that it doesnt have hmd tracking for movement (stuck with controller relative movement) and that i cant find a way to set up quick commands for the abilities/items in the favorites menu. other than that, its a blast. would've liked to actually see hands grip your melee weapons instead of them floating there, but it is what it is. its impressive how well it does work, even if theres some pop in on textures and stuff. having a the big open world of skyrim in vr running as well as it does is kinda awe inspiring, and i say that as someone who had tempered expectations going into this. Very pleased to once again be rediscovering the game in this way

it does t have hmd tracking for movement? what does this mean exactly?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

LZoltowski
Champion

danknugz said:

Aidens12 said:

so far my only issues is that it doesnt have hmd tracking for movement (stuck with controller relative movement) and that i cant find a way to set up quick commands for the abilities/items in the favorites menu. other than that, its a blast. would've liked to actually see hands grip your melee weapons instead of them floating there, but it is what it is. its impressive how well it does work, even if theres some pop in on textures and stuff. having a the big open world of skyrim in vr running as well as it does is kinda awe inspiring, and i say that as someone who had tempered expectations going into this. Very pleased to once again be rediscovering the game in this way

it does t have hmd tracking for movement? what does this mean exactly?

It's not room scale (as in walking away from your standing point), it's 360 standing in a spot. If you move forward too far for example, you literally leave your body.

I find it plays best when you don't use snap turning, you use your body to turn and use the forward movement on the controller.

Be kind to one another 🙂

Hedgy
Protege
If I go to settings in the game all I have are 'play mode' and 'main hand'. Where are all the settings? I can't see any other settings menu?

Totally confused as I see people saying change supersampling and character height but have no options for that.