cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.25 Is Rolling Out to Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
The latest Rift SI version 1.25 is starting to roll out to the Public Test Channel; see changes below. Look out for minor performance improvements as we ready for our next big update: social! Coming soon to Home near you. We're still looking out for your ideas— share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool. 

Changes:
  • Oculus desktop app
    • We're rolling out a test to help you save time by populating your search bar with recommended “trending” apps and your recent searches.

• Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • Improved the Library panel in Dash. Added an Updates tab and the ability to sort apps by comfort/location.
    • Improved virtual keyboard input for more reliability and consistency.
    • We're preparing our network infrastructure for multiplayer in Home! You won't see any changes yet, but there will be some behind the scenes stress tests taking place for our servers.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
49 REPLIES 49

dmhzmxn
Explorer
After the update, oculus desktop has disappeared from the dash tray.
Also, first comment!

Anonymous
Not applicable
- Never ever had an Icon in Tray myself.
- It always loads every time I close Home. This should get fixed. It drags on since Home2 released. The sensor has nothing in its way and is clean and it worked by staying closed prior Home2.

svx94
Explorer
Looking forward to trying it out this weekend when i reach home.  Is the new version allow multiple users profiles?

zaphoid12
Honored Guest
Do you guys have a fix for spud green mura it is really annoying.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm very excited to start hanging out with other Rifters in our Home worlds!

Rahotep
Protege
Keeps telling me that I connected new devices and ask me to do a new setup, while there are new devices

nrosko
Superstar
my 3rd sensor usb2 is constantly reporting errors poor tracking after update swapping usb hasn't helped. Absolutely fed up with the usb fiasco. 

bigmike20vt
Visionary

nrosko said:

my 3rd sensor usb2 is constantly reporting errors poor tracking after update swapping usb hasn't helped. Absolutely fed up with the usb fiasco. 

yeah i signed out of the beta tests as i found each time i would get usb issues at the start of a new beta.... by the time it goes gold however they seem to be fixed.  I dont get enough gaming time any more to be battling with beta issues... i get enough of that at work! (but that said, beta is beta and you should know what you are in for).

it does surprise me that even now the usb problems keep coming back in beta.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Rahotep
Protege

nrosko said:

Happens to me too. Interestingly, launching SteamVR, which does check the sensors too, their all good.