New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Fistful of Colors Sketchbook

Comments

• DeadlyJoeDeadlyJoe Posts: 776
    3Jane
    You should sculpt miniatures for a living.
  • Fistful_of_ColorsFistful_of_Colors Posts: 140
    Art3mis
    @DeadlyJoe - I wouldn't mind that - but something about supply and demand :)
    Art3mis
    Short video from inside Medium: 
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,715 Valuable Player

Supply my eyeballs more of these outstanding sculpts. I demand it!
    Art3mis
    Thank you guys!
    3Jane
    edited April 2018

With all the RPG Kickstarters and the indie board game explosion going on, there is actually a demand for it. There's.... just not much money. You have to be pretty well connected and well known. I bet you could pick up a side project or two, though.
  • jessicazetajessicazeta Posts: 244 Oculus Staff
    @Fistful_of_Colors THIS IS WIZARDRY!!!!!!!! Great work!!! 
  • DreamShaperDreamShaper Posts: 728
    3Jane
    DeadlyJoe said:

With all the RPG Kickstarters and the indie board game explosion going on, there is actually a demand for it. There's.... just not much money. You have to be pretty well connected and well known. I bet you could pick up a side project or two, though.
    I think that there's definitely a market for it, although you'd probably have to research it a bit.  The quality of the work speaks for itself, so I think becoming known might not be all that difficult.  Just have to get involved in the right communities.  Alternatively, have some sample pieces or a visual portfolio, some business cards made and show up at a gaming convention, start talking to publishers.  
    Art3mis
    Here is a quick posing test - I'll upload a timelapse later as well.

Raw Medium lathe video:

• ParhelionParhelion Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    I've been really loving the content you're putting out on your youtube channel. I've been learning a lot from just watching those!
    Art3mis
    I'm glad you like it and feel you are able to take something away from it :)

I've recorded a few more timelapse videos of the poses above - here is the first one:

• FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    love seeing the time-lapses! Great sculpt!
    Art3mis
    Thank you - I should get back to Medium and finish those sculpts - but spring has really arrived in Denmark and surf is up ;)
    Absolutely stunning, mate. Those Gwent judges must have shit for eyes! Is it an overpaint or did your texture it in marmoset or substance  or something?
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Here is an illustration I did for the Gwent art contest. Unfortunately it didn't win any prizes - but it was fun to do and a great learning experience. All 3d work was done from scratch in Medium.

I think I might have orgasmed, multiple times ..
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    3Jane
    Holy... freaking... cow! That's awesome!!!
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    Damn dude, that's a winner in my eyes!! Sooo awesome, love gwent as well!
    It's an overpaint - no further 3d used than Medium and a grey render for light information - the rest is Photoshop.

Mad skills, mate! You photobash the moss rocks?
    Art3mis
    Yes - and mixed it with the light information from the render.
  • InkyTheOctopusInkyTheOctopus Posts: 249
    Nexus 6
    Tremendous dynamism in this sculpt mate , top job! :)
    edited May 2018
    What @InkyTheOctopus said! Expression-wise, I'd say pull the jowls back and up a bit and really beast that grimace

Art3mis
    Had a quick go in Medium tonight with some hardsurface stuff.. Had some fun with the face area, but wanted to keep it short - so I ended up making some more generic detailing just using the standard stamps.