New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift SI 1.24 Release Notes

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,833 Oculus Staff
1.24 Release Notes
Changes:
  • Oculus desktop app:
    • Installed apps can now be moved between library locations. If you have multiple folders where you install apps (whether on one or multiple drives), you can now move the app data between those folders freely.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta:
    • Added various performance improvements and bugfixes.
  • Graphics:
  • Fixed a problem in which the display would show a graphics ghosting effect with AMD-based GPUs.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• fransoosfransoos Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    after latest 1.24 rift not working. how to roll back
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,503
    Project 2501
    fransoos said:
    after latest 1.24 rift not working. how to roll back

Check this thread:
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62715/oculus-runtime-services-current-status#latest
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • TabletopTabletop Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Performed 1.24 update.  Now eve valkyrie and i expect you to die want to update, but stuck on "Continue"/"Finish install".  Also Updates page indicates "3" updates available, but only these two are listed.
  • SlamJesterSlamJester Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    "Fixed a problem in which the display would show a graphics ghosting effect with AMD-based GPUs."
    so I wasn't imagining it!
    problem is that the patch hasn't fixed this for me. it's not unbearable but I did notice it without looking for any issues, I think it was introduced with the first update after the manual patch.
  • CR055YCR055Y Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited March 14
    after the update, the new game will not install, the counter goes up to 100% then return to the "click to install down arrow"? 
    In notifications, all it says is "sorry we could not install Titanic VR please visit support"
  • TheBritishWalrusTheBritishWalrus Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    "Fixed a problem in which the display would show a graphics ghosting effect with AMD-based GPUs."
    so I wasn't imagining it!
    problem is that the patch hasn't fixed this for me. it's not unbearable but I did notice it without looking for any issues, I think it was introduced with the first update after the manual patch 

Yeah I have the same issue, I'm constantly in contact with support trying to get it fixed, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,833 Oculus Staff
    @CR055Y Can you try restarting the Oculus service under Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Calimero_OeufCalimero_Oeuf Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    Version 1.24.0.545657 (1.24.0.547103) and Windows 7
    There is a sound bug with Home !
    For all games and Rift menu all sounds goes to headset
    but for the Home, I don't have sound via headset but only with main speakers

I must go to windows sound settings and change device manually to have sound in the correct entry.

This problem is here since the first version of Rift with Home.

Please fix it thanks !
    Ma configuration Oculus Rift + 3 capteurs et câbles longueur 5 mètres :
    Cable USB 3.0 en 5 mètres x4
    Cable HDMI en 5 mètres x1
    Répétiteur HDMI x1
    Hub USB 3.0 pour 1 ou 2 capteurs x1
    Hub USB alimenté pour le casque  x1

• Calimero_OeufCalimero_Oeuf Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 18
    Also a good update for Home is to add brushes and pencils to draw or write on our place
    Ma configuration Oculus Rift + 3 capteurs et câbles longueur 5 mètres :
    Cable USB 3.0 en 5 mètres x4
    Cable HDMI en 5 mètres x1
    Répétiteur HDMI x1
    Hub USB 3.0 pour 1 ou 2 capteurs x1
    Hub USB alimenté pour le casque  x1

• Brian1256Brian1256 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    • Installed apps can now be moved between library locations. If you have multiple folders where you install apps (whether on one or multiple drives), you can now move the app data between those folders freely.
    This update is epic for this reason! Thanks to the developers for their hard work!
  • TickTockTickTock Posts: 200
    Nexus 6
    CR055Y said:
    after the update, the new game will not install, the counter goes up to 100% then return to the "click to install down arrow"? 
    In notifications, all it says is "sorry we could not install Titanic VR please visit support"
    @cybereality I have this exact problem.  I did try Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus but the result is the same.  Three apps are stuck in this pending state :  Elite Dangerous, OrbusVR, & The Mage's Tale
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
     -Groucho Marx
    Nexus 6
    Can someone point me to the best debug log files to look at to try to figure out why games fail to update?
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
     -Groucho Marx
    Are you running MalwareBytes (or McAfee)? They are known to block Oculus installs.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,203
    Wintermute
    Norton, McAfee, AVG. 

These are all POS programs that cause more issues than their worth. Do not support them. Most of the time Windows Defender is more than good enough. If you must have additional antivirus then go with ESET Antivirus. Light on the system and excellent protection. 
    Nexus 6
    Are you running MalwareBytes (or McAfee)? They are known to block Oculus installs.
    That was it (MalwareBytes).  Thanks!  I agree Norton & McAfee cause more trouble than they solve but I've always liked MWB - this is the first time it has ever caused a problem for me.  It used to be just a scanner but I guess on a recent update they started doing something else... Grrr.
     -Groucho Marx
    edited March 27
    I actually use MalwareBytes myself, I think its a good program in general. However, sometimes it does need to be disabled (or at least, an exception needs to be added) as new or uncommon applications may trigger false positives.
  • MJGalloMJGallo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Any word on multiple profiles?  Specifically for each person in a house to have their own game save data...
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,203
    Wintermute
    I actually use MalwareBytes myself, I think its a good program in general. However, sometimes it does need to be disabling (or at least, an exception needs to be added) as new or uncommon applications may trigger false positives.
    Nothing wrong with Malwarebytes. I was talking about antivirus software. Malwarebytes is not antivirus. 
  • eltwiggeltwigg Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi, I am not running any anti-virus and having the same problem about games NOT installing.  They are parked at 0 pending install... the main oculus update is also stuck at step 14 of 15 and despite restarting I can't get past this on the main update, not any other games to install/update.  Please help!!!
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 178
    Art3mis
    How much space do you have free on your C:\ drive?
    Recommend at least 25-30GB of free space for Oculus update process to complete.
    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • PranatoolPranatool Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same problem as eltwig. No antivirus and download is stuck at 14 of 15. I also have way more that 30GB free.
    Try running the Oculus setup installer again and choosing Repair.
    If you're still experiencing ghosting with AMD GPUs, can you please submit a support ticket? Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com/