New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

vrcinema3D

Comments

• Yeah the image is not aligned properly with new dll too. 2010 sp1 redistributable was already installed. Uninstalled and reinstalled and got same issue, even installed the 2012 redistributable with same results.

The post below also said that it should solve the dll issue I'm having but for some reason it does not work for me.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1258

The only thing I can think of is maybe this is just an issue on windows xp machines.
  • Ok, I got the alignment and head tracking fixed. I got an august 15th version of the dll from Hydradeck - Humans and replaced the one that came with vrcinema.
  • WalkyWalky Posts: 357
    Brain Burst
  • ianmacmillanianmacmillan Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    Forgive me if this has already been asked, but can someone point me at a link that describes the best way to convert a bluray 3d movie to the SBS format needed for vrcinema? I bought the new Star Trek movie last night and I'm itching to view it in the Rift.

Spanks.
  • TheGiantRobotTheGiantRobot Posts: 80
    edited September 2013
    Just got it working, and holy hell its amazing. Nice job on the theater, it really is a work of art in there.

The first movie I tried (and am still watching) is the newest Star Trek. I kept getting a white screen at first which confused me since I was able to view the file in VLC just fine without the rift.

Turns out I had to download k-lite codec package to get it to work. Its working beautifully now, but be warned: they DO bundle some crappy ad-ware with it, make sure to watch what you are clicking so you don't end up with "AVG bar" and other garbage. If it wasn't for the other-wise easy install and immidiate satisfaction, I'd probably not even mention it as I hate programs that bundle ad-ware/toolbars/etc.

EDIT: I had to do some installing and reinstalling of software in order to move hard drives, and "broke" the codec again in the process. K-lite wouldn't fix the "white screen" problem, but CCCP did.
  • jenzajenza Posts: 25
    i would totally love a mac version of this, any plans?
  • tikilittletikilittle Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    here here. I would love to see a mac version!
  • OculusOpticianOculusOptician Posts: 253
    Brain Burst
    Tried it again with the latest Codec K-lite Basic pack on VRCinema3D v.03 and it's now working. It didn't work before with the Full K-lite pack on version v0.2 a month or so ago so not sure why it's working now but I'm not complaining.

I simply selected all the default settings and made sure to deny the AVG install choices.

For better picture quality, run it in 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 if you cannot figure out how to get 1200 resolution working. Also as previously mentioned if you sit further toward the screen it makes a big difference in picture quality as well.
  • Hi. I noticed that in this video there is far more light reflections in the theater that in my version.

I find this way more realistic. Is it a different version?

• FaultFault Posts: 1
    You should really make a way to load any window into this application, almost treating it like a second monitor. Mainly my idea is it would be great to have XBMC be accessible in this program, or even possibly games
  • DeamianDeamian Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hey guys and gals I just wanted to quickpost this problem I found. So I had about 11 .mp4 from Ipad usage from my own dvd collection, and after trying 4 or 5 of the files (rename to movie.avi) none of them worked.. SO I copied one movie.avi I had just renamed to users/(myname) and checked prompt and sure enough it was movie.avi.mp4 lol SO renamed it there using the oldschool rename movie.avi.mp4 movie.avi and it loaded in vrcinema immediately.

Is there a way in windows to rename properly? Not sure what I did wrong lol.
  • TipTip Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    If you're on windows then you need to go to your control panel, go to folder options, then to the view tab, and uncheck "hide extensions for known file types". After you do that you'll see the extensions on all your files and you'll be able to edit the extension when you're renaming files.
    NerveGear
    THAT'S IT lol I forgot about the hidden. Thanks, that should help a some folks with the same problem, I should note that I also installed k-lite codec pack, but my mp4 of a new hope loaded up right away, no converting or anything needed.
    NerveGear
    Hey Rick101, I'm not sure exactly for xp, but make sure it's renaming the file correctly. When I renamed at first it would rename movie.avi and leave the .ext of whatever the movie is originally. So mine would think movie.avi was the name and I would end up with movie.avi.mp4 . Try turning on or unhiding file types/extentions to make sure it's renaming correctly.
  • Why move or copy gigabyte files to change reel? ;) Employ Symbolic Links here, people. :)

ERASE "C:\VR Cinema\movie.avi"
    MKLINK "C:\VR Cinema\movie.avi" "X:\IS_TROPICAL_-_Dancing_Anymore_NEW_SINGLE.mp4"

More polished than ffdshow at playback are LAV Filters and they are really the minimum you need, except its decoders don't seem to have priority on my system, even when they get installed with the CCCP, though easily solved with Win7DSFilterTweaker.

There are a number of ways to get AviSynth scripts (!) loaded through VR Cinema. Easiest and most efficient is to install everything (such as any dirty codec packs) by way of Sandboxie, then apply this registry hack, in a Sandbox, I stress. Sandboxie's virtual registry has lax permissions too which let you easily apply this hack.
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVIFile\Extensions\AVI]
    @="{E6D6B700-124D-11D4-86F3-DB80AFD98778}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\Media Type\Extensions\.avi]
    "Source Filter"="{D3588AB0-0781-11CE-B03A-0020AF0BA770}"
    @=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Media Type\Extensions\.avi]
    "Source Filter"="{D3588AB0-0781-11CE-B03A-0020AF0BA770}"
    @=""

Why AviSynth? You're the projectionist! Open up a virtual cinema of possibilities! Countless effects, sources, plugins, etc.

String together pre-show erm previews and whatnot!

Realtime 2D to 3D conversion? Why not! Exploit the Pulfrich effect. Very nice...
    video2d=DirectShowSource("X:\IS_TROPICAL_-_Dancing_Anymore_NEW_SINGLE.mp4")

# Great speed benefits to be had from Avisynth 2.6 MT replacement dll and correct usage
    #SetMemoryMax(512)
    #SetMTMode(2,0)

## Convert to RGB32 to avoid the width restrictions
    video2d=ConvertToRGB32(video2d)

# My script addition follows.
    # The 3D formatting for VR Cinema.

# Letterbox to 16:9 for later anamorphic resize for Half SBS
    matteA=16.0/9.0
    videoW=width(video2d)
    videoH=height(video2d)
    matteW=videoH*matteA
    matteH=videoW/matteA
    matteW=int(matteW>videoW?(matteW-videoW)/2:0)
    matteH=int(matteH>videoH?(matteH-videoH)/2:0)
    video2d=video2d.AddBorders(matteW,matteH,matteW,matteH,color=$000000)

## Actual 2D to 3D conversion OMITTED (not my script) ##
    ## See more at: http://3dvision-blog.com/1220-2d-to-3d-realtime-video-conversion-script-for-avisynth-v0-3/

# Final stage processing, however, a choice of three:

## LR
    StackHorizontal(frameL,frameR)

## RL
    #StackHorizontal(frameR,frameL)

## Output the two video frames in a Above/Below format (like Sony?)
    #StackVertical(frameL,frameR)

# And finally, the all-important anamorphic squeeze
    Lanczos4Resize(512,288)
    #Lanczos4Resize(640,360)
    #Lanczos4Resize(768,432)
    #Lanczos4Resize(1280,720)
    #Lanczos4Resize(1920,1080)

# VR Cinema appears to accept only RGB24 RGB32 YUY2, else it's one more reason you'll get a white cinema screen.
    #ConvertToRGB() # RGB24 || RGB32
    #ConvertToRGB24()
    #ConvertToRGB32()
    ConvertToYUY2()

• This is pretty amazing. One question though, is it normal to have significant ghosting on the video that is playing? In some movies it's so bad it's basically unwatchable.
  • evil1evil1 Posts: 51
    Brain Burst
    ph137ch wrote:
    Why move or copy gigabyte files to change reel? ;) Employ Symbolic Links here, people. :)

ERASE "C:\VR Cinema\movie.avi"
    MKLINK "C:\VR Cinema\movie.avi" "X:\IS_TROPICAL_-_Dancing_Anymore_NEW_SINGLE.mp4

I made an application that automates this process, check page 12 :-)
  • edyremedyrem Posts: 5
    love the Vrcinema3D

i would pay to be able to put in my own dvd's as a option in the Vrcinema.

no files just a play from my own cd drive that would be awesome and would love to see it happen. Not sure if its been talked about yet if so keep up the great work
  • The first thanks for you work with this App , have you a plan to compile this app for android for a Vrase in a future ?

Greats.
  • dEEPZoNEdEEPZoNE Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I saw a Cinema 3d app that has multiplayer support.
    This would be wonderfull to implement into this app !
    And if so.. would be cool to have the server stream to the clients.

And please have an option to remove the annoying light reflection on the floor. Really puts me off.
    Im using a old version because of this very problem.
  • FALSEFALSE Posts: 81
    Like many others I'm having the white screen issue.
    Klite pack installed and known extensions are not hidden.
    My files play in media player fine but not in vr cinema.
    If it's a codec issue, wouldn't they not play in mediaplayer also???

*edit these were originally 3d sbs .mkv files.
    I was able to get a few 2d .avi files to play.
  • davidjcdavidjc Posts: 356
    Just tried to watch resident evil 3D

It works its just it plays the video side by side on the screen like two screens on the movie screen....so I am not sure which fromat It needs to be in but its not working here.
  • madmickmadmick Posts: 134
    Am I the only one not having problems with this...I rename granted mostly mp4 movies too "movie. avi"....and they work.....and davidjc...just click LR on the pop up menu and it should work in 3d
  • FALSEFALSE Posts: 81
    For everyone having the white screen issue here's how I got the movies to play.
    Download and install Next Video Converter
    http://www.nextvideosoft.com/next-video-converter-free.html

Open video converter and load your video file and select .AVI
    Under settings change the video codec to xvid and the audio codec to mp3
    Set where you want your new file to go and run the program.
    Rename the new video to movie.avi and put it in your vrcinema directory.
    Enjoy

I did this with a .mkv file but I would anticipate it working with any file.
    I would even say if you have an .avi file that wont work correctly, use this method to get it working.
  • sbnewsomsbnewsom Posts: 258
    davidjc wrote:
    Just tried to watch resident evil 3D

It works its just it plays the video side by side on the screen like two screens on the movie screen....so I am not sure which fromat It needs to be in but its not working here.

I thought you have to set the video mode to sbs/3d when right clicking inside the theater.
    -Stuart Bradley Newsom

HS-51XXXXX Mar 21, 2014 01:09 AM PDT
    DELIVERED

Portfolio: http://sbnewsom.com
    Facebook: Click Here
  • This was mentioned perhaps half way through (or thereabouts) this topic, but I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to provide a link to version 0.2? 0.3 has issues where the video is jerky if the resolution is high. I've looked around on the web, but haven't been able to find it :( If someone can do that, it would be really appreciated!

Mike.
    Mike
  • Nekto2Nekto2 Posts: 270
    Nexus 6
    Have you tried downloading:
    viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2348
    small demos.
  • mylokmylok Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Forgive me if this has already been asked, but can someone point me at a link that describes the best way to convert a bluray 3d movie to the SBS format needed for vrcinema? I bought the new Star Trek movie last night and I'm itching to view it in the Rift.

Spanks.

I used DVDFab it works very well for converting 3D Blu Rays. I just converted Star Trek Into Darkness and it works very well with the vrcinema3d app.

here is the link I used

http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-3d-ripper/how-to-rip-blu-ray-3d-to-3d-videos.htm

I have the paid lifetime version but there should be a demo or trial version.
  • OculusOpticianOculusOptician Posts: 253
    Brain Burst
    Any news when version 4 is going to be released? This is one of the best app's to date for the Rift, just wish we could pick any movie from a built in menu system, that would be awesome. That and SSAA support.

For those who don't know what SSAA is, here's the rundown:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/1rdo2y/

As VRcinema is Unity based, it should be really easy adding support. Anyone want to give it a try?
  • Is there any chance of displaying XBMC on the moviescreen?
    It would solve all the problems of renaming the files if we could just project XBMC on it and have it run in the background.