cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Desktop missing

david_bowery
Explorer
yfffzz2gcy97.jpg

Is it just me who has lost the Desktop icon? I had it there a few days ago.
I've tried toggling the beta on and off, going back to the original home..

Any other ideas?

Just to let you know, I fixed it . Turns out if you have two monitors and it set to 'Duplicate' you can't use the Desktop function!
12 REPLIES 12

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Are you using Windows 10? It's required for Oculus Desktop.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

david_bowery
Explorer

nalex66 said:

Are you using Windows 10? It's required for Oculus Desktop.

Yup, windows 10, up to date too.

Just to let you know, I fixed it . Turns out if you have two monitors and it set to 'Duplicate' you can't use the Desktop function!

othmanOso
Honored Guest
Hello There, I still have the same issue!! 😞 ,, I have one monitor connected and have one GPU, however the windows version is 8.1, any thoughts?

LZoltowski
Champion

othmanOso said:

Hello There, I still have the same issue!! 😞 ,, I have one monitor connected and have one GPU, however the windows version is 8.1, any thoughts?

Oculus Desktop is a Windows 10 only feature.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Matthias73
Honored Guest
Der Oculus Desktop funktioniert nicht, wenn die Rifts am Rechner angeschlossen ist und kein Monitor.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still have the issue of not having a desktop icon, and i'm using windows 10 Pro. :neutral:
My issue may be that I only have one hdmi port and I have to disconnect my desktop to connect the rift.

LZoltowski
Champion
You have to have both the monitor AND the HMD plugged in for it to work.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

aiglove
Honored Guest
same issue here, but i'm using windows server 2016

werelamb
Protege
I've been having this problem since today, it's driving me mad as I use that function quite a lot. I'm playing on a laptop with windows 10, GTX 1070, haven't changed any settings or anything since yesterday when it was working fine and just all of a sudden the desktop button is gone, I've tried restarting etc but nothing seems to fix it............any ideas?

Ok so quitting beta and turning it back on seems to have fixed it for now...still not sure what caused the issue in the first place though