cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOLD RUSH FAILURE : Congratulations on choosing a FAKE Windows 10 exclusive

HiThere_
Superstar
I don't know which part is the best :
- The part where Oculus VR chooses a (fake) Windows 10 exclusive title for the Gold Rush event.
- The part where the Oculus Store won't let you download SPRINT VECTOR on Windows 7, by removing it's download button.
-
The part where SPRINT VECTOR happens to work fine on Windows 7, as
reported by the Steam users who ARE able to download and play it.

You
might think the Oculus Store has "two days" left to fix their latest
triple blunder ? Think again because we've been asking them to stop
blocking those downloads of so called fake "Windows 8/10 exclusives" for
TWO YEARS...

61 REPLIES 61

JonJonXD
Expert Protege
Windows 10 has been proven to be more secure and overall a faster and more stable operating system than Windows 7.

Outside of fear of change, there is really no reason to hold onto Windows 7, unless you like lacking features like typing functions and files that you want to access in the Windows Bar, and it coming up almost instantaneously.

Also the lack of native TRIM support, unless the OP still refuses to use solid state storage.

It just seems like a silly thing to be complaining about, unless you have a specific application requirement that still doesn't support Windows 10.
PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

HiThere_
Superstar
Today I'm busy complaining Oculus VR chose to partner with a developer
that doesn't officially support the CV1's minimum requirement (although
his title technically does), for what should otherwise have been their popular
2nd anniversary event...

And if Oculus VR doesn't feel concerned
about fixing their latest self inflicted 2nd anniversary PR blunder, tomorrow I'll be a
whole lot less busy complaining about anything the Oculus Store does.

Also
on Steam the exact percentage of Windows 10 users was less then 25% (in
their official February 2018 survey), so as far as making money off software
sales goes, some companies might be better off making events and software
blocks that exclude Windows 10 instead of requiring it.

Yes,
Microsoft did tell you to hurry to switch to Windows 10 because 99.99%
already have, and that their version of Minecraft/Office/PacmanVR/Whatever
desperately requires the advanced features that only Windows 10 can provide :
Wake up it's Microsoft. And to make things worse their business model
just switched from selling OS that meet HIPAA requirements, to handing
out (free) OS that don't.

danknugz
Superstar

Richooal said:

danknugz said:

i absolutely loathe win10 and i only use it on my gaming system (and workstation at work), dreading the day ill actually have to use it on my laptop

So....... you've got gaming and work covered.

What could you be doing with your laptop?

Richooal said:

danknugz said:

i absolutely loathe win10 and i only use it on my gaming system (and workstation at work), dreading the day ill actually have to use it on my laptop

So....... you've got gaming and work covered.

What could you be doing with your laptop?

audio warez and audio production
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Cyril said:

that doesn't officially support the CV1's minimum requirement

They did not form a Partnership. Anyone can become a developer and publish to the Oculus store, even you. It doesn't mean you and Oculus got married.

You should focus on understanding the basics first before launching a public crusade.

vannagirl
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

OP is like0ys3io3gebpl.jpg

You forgot the LA LA LA LA LA!!!!!!

haha yes i can confirm

LA LA LA LA LA

Makes things then totally legit
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

lag0matic
Heroic Explorer
3acvjr8q1mqx.png

Windows 7 fell by 11%, windows 10 went up by 10%

From Feb to March 2018.

So, guess it time for you to upgrade, eh?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I have a working Desktop with XP and the Laptop I use for my "Myst Mod" is Windows 7 (the Mod Editor doesn't run on Windows 10).

I love XP and W7 moreso than Win 10. However, love alone doesn't make an OS ideal for present day use. Other than the very specific uses I have for these machines (My XP machine never goes online, and Win 7 stays off completely until necessary), everything is done on Win 10 due to one crucial reason: Smarts.

HiThere_
Superstar

lag0matic said:

From Feb to March 2018.

More like it's time for LZoltowski up there to wake up from his pure delusion that "94% of Rift users are (on) Win 10" : Not only there isn't ~15 times MORE Windows 10 users then Windows 7/8 users, but it's more like there's ~2 times LESS windows 10 users then Windows 7/8 users.

That's how bad this event is : A huge majority, rather then an underwhelming minority, of CV1 owners can't participate in it, due to an OS requirement that shouldn't even exist to begin with.

Zenbane said:

Cyril said:

They did not form a Partnership. Anyone can become a developer and publish to the Oculus store, even you. It doesn't mean you and Oculus got married.

You should focus on understanding the basics first before launching a public crusade.

OK so Oculus VR formed a "Sponsorship" instead of a "Partnership", for this event : I won't blame anyone for googling "Sponsorship VS Partnership" to spot the difference between the two...

Guess what : Different word but same conclusion, and you should be the one focusing more on the big picture instead of trying to nag on the details. The big picture being that a majority of CV1 users were left out by the sponsor Oculus VR chose, regardless of that sponsor also being considered a partner or not.

LZoltowski
Champion

Cyril said:

lag0matic said:

From Feb to March 2018.

More like it's time for LZoltowski up there to wake up from his pure delusion that "94% of Rift users are (on) Win 10" : Not only there isn't ~15 times MORE Windows 10 users then Windows 7/8 users, but it's more like there's ~2 times LESS windows 10 users then Windows 7/8 users.

That's how bad this event is : A huge majority, rather then an underwhelming minority, of CV1 owners can't participate in it, due to an OS requirement that shouldn't even exist to begin with.

Zenbane said:

Cyril said:

OK so Oculus VR formed a "Sponsorship" instead of a "Partnership".

Guess what : Different word but same conclusion, and you should be the one focusing more on the big picture instead of nagging on the details. The big picture being that a majority of CV1 users were left out by the sponsor Oculus VR chose, regardless of that sponsor being a partner or not.

This the OFFICIAL data taken from ALL Oculus Rift users 

https://developer.oculus.com/hardware-report/pc/

Please have read, for the love of god.

You are confusing steam users with Oculus users.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
6096gkribwo9.jpg
WAAAGH!