cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trick the Oculus Store into thinking you're using Windows 10 ?

HiThere_
Superstar
Two years anniversary, and almost two years of Oculus Store WRONGLY not letting you download "Windows 10 exclusive" titles on a
Windows 7/8 PC, where over 90% of those titles run fine (because they
happen to not be exclusive to Windows 10 to begin with, as CORRECTLY
listed on EVERY other purchase platform, such as Steam)...

And I started
complaining about this ~2 years ago : The Oculus Store team moves for
nobody, not even when it's the developer asking/begging to have that
incorrect and harmful OS requirement removed from his very own title (as some
developers have answered me, when I contacted them about fixing their own Oculus Store OS
requirement, which as it turns out they are not allowed to go fix by
themselves).

So at this point there's only one solution I can
think of that WOULD instantly fix this nonsense : Do you know of a software, that
will trick the Oculus Store into thinking I'm using Windows 10 ?

PS : Forget about answering "Windows 10", you know a dozen other Smart Alecks said it before you.
27 REPLIES 27

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Its not the store that is stopping you from downloading it.
It is the developer that said Win 10 only.
Cyber has explained this in several trends including this one.
WAAAGH!

HiThere_
Superstar

Morgrum said:

Its not the store that is stopping you from downloading it.
It is the developer that said Win 10 only.
Cyber has explained this in several trends including this one.
The Oculus Store is 100% responsible for any and all of the code that is actively stopping me from downloading it, as demonstrated by the Steam platform where the same title is also listed as a Windows 10 exclusive, that I can go download anyway.

Denying that fact as you just did, is denying reality itself.

And Oculus VR is also 100% responsible for choosing to partner with a developer that doesn't actively support the CV1's minimum requirement for their 2nd anniversary event, turning it into (yet another) PR blunder.

What's next : Adding more code to the Oculus Store to actively block out Windows 10 users with a GTX 960 GPU ?

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

...... I bet you think The Titanic was an inside job too.

WAAAGH!

lag0matic
Heroic Explorer
Since you seem to struggle to grasp the concept that you're using and outdated, older operating system, with a vastly smaller user base among rift owners. I've put together this little infographic.  Notice the highlighted area, that I tried to make obvious, so that even you can find it. 257q2217hizn.png

LZoltowski
Champion
@lag0matic, I tried that, even with a link ... "fake news" apparently.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

lag0matic said:

Since you seem to struggle to grasp the concept that you're using and outdated, older operating system, with a vastly smaller user base among rift owners. I've put together this little infographic.  Notice the highlighted area, that I tried to make obvious, so that even you can find it. 257q2217hizn.png

So what that chart is saying is that 89% of folks use intel CPU's?
WAAAGH!

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Morgrum said:

lag0matic said:

No, he’s pointing out that 41.1% of users use “other” CPUs, so clearly Oculus is ignoring a huge contingent of Xeon Quad owners who are being shut out by the compatibility test.  ...something something mafia tactics. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Oh Snap!
WAAAGH!

LZoltowski
Champion

nalex66 said:

Morgrum said:

lag0matic said:

No, he’s pointing out that 41.1% of users use “other” CPUs, so clearly Oculus is ignoring a huge contingent of Xeon Quad owners who are being shut out by the compatibility test.  ...something something mafia tactics. 

lol

modern family gif lsat GIF
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I actually prefer Windows 10 - and can't stand using my Win7 work computer. It is worth the upgrade.