cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.25 Is Rolling Out to Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
The latest Rift SI version 1.25 is starting to roll out to the Public Test Channel; see changes below. Look out for minor performance improvements as we ready for our next big update: social! Coming soon to Home near you. We're still looking out for your ideas— share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool. 

Changes:
  • Oculus desktop app
    • We're rolling out a test to help you save time by populating your search bar with recommended “trending” apps and your recent searches.

• Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • Improved the Library panel in Dash. Added an Updates tab and the ability to sort apps by comfort/location.
    • Improved virtual keyboard input for more reliability and consistency.
    • We're preparing our network infrastructure for multiplayer in Home! You won't see any changes yet, but there will be some behind the scenes stress tests taking place for our servers.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
So far 1.25 seems to be working fine for me, ran IL-2 ( combat flight sim) for a few hours today. 

danknugz
Superstar

CrashFu said:

I know that having friends seems "useless and gimmicky" at first, but once you make a few I think you'll find you really like the experience.

:innocent:

Side note:  Still hoping for a universal screenshot feature to be added to Dash.  Maybe next update?

like the experience? you mean getting bored of stupid unrealistic avatars and useless “props” that are supposed to be interesting after 5 minutes?

i have 0 steam friends and i am proud of it. whats your point Mr Popular cool guy with all your friends?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

CrashFu
Consultant

danknugz said:

CrashFu said:

I know that having friends seems "useless and gimmicky" at first, but once you make a few I think you'll find you really like the experience.

Side note:  Still hoping for a universal screenshot feature to be added to Dash.  Maybe next update?

like the experience? you mean getting bored of stupid unrealistic avatars and useless “props” that are supposed to be interesting after 5 minutes?

i have 0 steam friends and i am proud of it. whats your point Mr Popular cool guy with all your friends?

I may have like 300 Oculus friends but I assure you I have yet to actually interact or play a multiplayer game with any of them.

But I can assure you, THEORETICALLY spending time with other people is an enjoyable experience.  I hope to confirm this first-hand some day.  Just have to conquer my crippling "phone anxiety" first and actually accept some of these part / game invites I receive now and then.

Or make a habit of keeping my play area clean, so I can actually do standing/room scale games on a moment's notice.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

danknugz said:

CrashFu said:

Here is a novel idea, rather than being bitter endlessly whining about it, just don't use them. 😉
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

danknugz
Superstar
sure, i already dont. but the reason i feel compelled to say something is because its frightening seeing so much time and resources wasted on pointless facebook-type-crap, especially with everything in the news lately about facebook selling all your personal data to cambridge analytics.

really disappointing seeing everyone just mindlessly buying into such shallow bullshit, just like they mindlessly have done using facebook the lst decade, their personal data being pilfered unbeknownst to them. 

i have a fake facebook account with like 40 friends and i login maybe once a year.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

DJHeroMasta
Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm assuming the AA in settings is just for Home stuff or does that affect games as well?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just turned on the beta test channel yesterday (just before this update) and I got the 1.24 
There seems to be some sort of weird sound sampling bug that isn't in the non-beta version.

What's happening is that if I keep the sound configuration as 'Rift headphones' (in-VR setting on the dash config), and my default windows audio device is my normal soundcard (has a Via chip, not realtek as most - might be relevant?!?), it tries to mirror the sound of my desktop but at a mismatched sample rate?!? (everything sounds choppy and high-pitched).

So again, if I switch to rift headphones, all audio (even the music from oculus home for example) continues to play on my regular speakers connected to my onboard soundcard WHILE Rift also mirrors that sound completely.. so if I for example have a youtube video playing, I can hear the sound normally in my desktop speakers and ALSO in the rift speakers, but highly distorted, and at the same time it applies vice-versa as well as in the rift-specific sounds, like oculus home music plays through my speakers as well. 

Today I updated to the 1.25, but the issue is still there and the same.. 

The workaround I've been using is to set it to windows default in the dash configuration and switch the default soundcard in windows playback devices every time, based on whether I'm using the headset or not, but obviously that's not very convenient so I hope it gets fixed till release. Like I said, the current release version doesn't have this problem so before I turned on the public test channels it worked as intended.. (aka. when set to rift headphones, my other windows apps continued to play through my default speakers, while everything rift related like games, oculus home, etc.. played through the headphones)

delmonti007
Explorer
So, the usual crap. Marketing BS with regard to shoving unwanted apps down ya throat. Try optimising ya code Oculus before adding in yet more "opportunities" to hawk tat that should be free anyway. The last thing I want is other empty headed mongs in my 'home'...... 

I'm off to kick cats and shout at passing cars.

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
I see a 'Move' function to switch games between libraries has been added to the latest update . Nice!
(click the dots next to a game in your library)