cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold Rush Event #2: Sprint Vector (The Stress Test)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
While several of us missed the first event, we have another chance this weekend with another game that I personally enjoy, Sprint Vector.

Day/Tme:
April 7 from 1:00 – 2:00 pm PT

6qe37ogyi1is.jpg

I found Sprint Vector to have a very unique feature where it makes me "physically feel" the ground moving during certain Jump Routines. It's the oddest thing:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/61990/anyone-playing-sprint-vector/p1

I plan to participate this weekend. Anyone can try Sprint Vector for free, even if you don't plan to participate:
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1425858557493354/

If you are playing it for the first time and experience that strange "ground moving" thing, let me know! And feel free to use this thread to report the results of the Gold Rush event.

EDIT #1:
Today the event played out more like a stress test for the Sprint Vector server infrastructure. They stated on Twitter that they will attempt to have a "makeup" event for those of us who spent an hour looking at a loading screen. Luckily I only spent about 20 minutes looking at the screen before my little buddy took over.

39t9yfe2feyh.jpg

Hopefully a makeup event can happen, stat.

EDIT #2:
Everyone who was queued up should be included in this weeks Gold Rush even if you didn't get to play. Also, the time has been extended, as I just went in 3.5 hours later and still got the achievement.
117 REPLIES 117

JaggerWolf
Expert Protege
Tried each server and nothing - Been in it since start and still no connection 😞

Ali_Suleiman
Honored Guest

lurdane said:

How'd you guys get the achievement?  Multiplayer match earlier in the day?  

Yup

PlayingAim
Explorer
i think they do pick from the people who have the achivement like last time since that means that you participated

cleanupdisc
Adventurer
Im stuck as well. But on the bright side this promotion caused me to download this cool game. Im not good or even have all the controls down but it was a nice workout zooming around the map while trying to get into a multiplayer game. 

It seems like people flooded the servers or something, really sucks none of us could get in...

PlayingAim
Explorer
so basically the whole event is ruined if it doesnt get delayed to tomorrow

PlayingAim
Explorer
and im pretty sure nobody can join from what i have seen

PlayingAim
Explorer
so servers are probably dead or something

falken76
Expert Consultant
Well this was a waste of my time, can't get on a multiplayer server to play one single game to be eligible for the contest.  Those idiots that write the articles that say VR is a gimmick that won't ever go anywhere should try to play any game where they give away free stuff like a computer or a vr headset.  There's enough people to clog servers for what I will assume is the entire duration of the contest.  Then when we can't win anything it'll be back to normal.

cleanupdisc
Adventurer

so basically the whole event is ruined if it doesnt get delayed to tomorrow

They need to extend the time to like a 12 hour period or something especially if there servers cant handle the traffic. Shame...

Shiko812
Protege
If they don't give us entries I demand a recount! #OculusRift @Servios #Sprintvector way to kill servers not ready for a ton of players lol