Gold Rush Event #2: Sprint Vector (The Stress Test) - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Gold Rush Event #2: Sprint Vector (The Stress Test)

Comments

• Ali.SuleimanAli.Suleiman Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    lurdane said:
    How'd you guys get the achievement?  Multiplayer match earlier in the day?  
    Yup
  • PlayingAimPlayingAim Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    i think they do pick from the people who have the achivement like last time since that means that you participated
  • cleanupdisccleanupdisc Posts: 210
    Nexus 6
    Im stuck as well. But on the bright side this promotion caused me to download this cool game. Im not good or even have all the controls down but it was a nice workout zooming around the map while trying to get into a multiplayer game. 

It seems like people flooded the servers or something, really sucks none of us could get in...
    Brain Burst
    so basically the whole event is ruined if it doesnt get delayed to tomorrow
    Brain Burst
    and im pretty sure nobody can join from what i have seen
    Brain Burst
    so servers are probably dead or something
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,746 Valuable Player
    Well this was a waste of my time, can't get on a multiplayer server to play one single game to be eligible for the contest.  Those idiots that write the articles that say VR is a gimmick that won't ever go anywhere should try to play any game where they give away free stuff like a computer or a vr headset.  There's enough people to clog servers for what I will assume is the entire duration of the contest.  Then when we can't win anything it'll be back to normal.
    Nexus 6
    so basically the whole event is ruined if it doesnt get delayed to tomorrow

They need to extend the time to like a 12 hour period or something especially if there servers cant handle the traffic. Shame...
  • Shiko812Shiko812 Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    If they don't give us entries I demand a recount! #OculusRift @Servios #Sprintvector way to kill servers not ready for a ton of players lol
  • lukeskywatcherlukeskywatcher Posts: 100 Oculus Start Member
    Not a Gold Rush, more a Gold Wait...................tum te dum........zzz...... :o
    Nexus 6
    Not a gold rush, More like trying to get in a game is like trying to get a golden ticket to the willy wonka charlie factory :(
  • Eeetee007Eeetee007 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    will this mess up be covered by hammerhead insurance?
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,416 Valuable Player
    Probably just as well, just played through the first tutorial and I can see this game being a hypo risk for diabetics. Going to need some chocolate if I manage to get a game tonight :o
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    NerveGear
    does anyone have loco dojo?
  • CovertGamerCovertGamer Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    atleast its not just me. but im typing from vr so thats something
    Brain Burst
    i just put the cloth in front of the sensor zen :P
  • GuarinGuarin Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I've tried restarting a few different times and nothing. I half figured it was just so busy with everyone playing that the wait time was massive. Guess not!
  • Shiko812Shiko812 Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    Anyone able to tell me where to find achievements? 
    NerveGear
    diabetes? I'd say there's a risk of epilepsy with the flashing neon loading screen
  • Ali.SuleimanAli.Suleiman Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Eeetee007 said:
    does anyone have loco dojo?
    I do! Never found an online game, but maybe we could try?!
    Zenbane said:

I strapped my Rift to my Lego R2D2 and let him queue for me...

My claim to fame is that my Dad fixed Kenny Baker's car. He had a bloody great big cushion and wooden blocks on his pedals so that he could drive.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

• fixit35fixit35 Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Zenbane said:

I strapped my Rift to my Lego R2D2 and let him queue for me...

snuff can keeping mine goig
    My guess is we'll all get in aprox 3 minutes from the timestamp on my post.
  • Gman8336Gman8336 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    58 minutes in so I guess this is not going to happen.
  • lurdanelurdane Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Is what it is, I suppose.  Just hope Oculus realizes what a cluster this event was and takes steps to make it right.
  • Jamesparker_1Jamesparker_1 Posts: 110
    Art3mis
    That’s an hour I’m not getting back then...
  • TeldanTeldan Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I was'nt able to join a multiplayer quick match. Looking for server ....
    I wasn't able to start a multiplayer private match. Looking for server ....
    I wasn't able to invite a friend of mine who was waiting too into my skate park. He wasn't even shown as playing Sprint Vector and the game did not find him.

You really should extend this event for the next 24 hrs or longer after you fixed your servers ...
    It's over, didn't even get in a game.  Uninstalling until they announce another contest with a free weekend or something.  I'm getting on DCS World after I shoot people in Onward to calm my nerves from this waste of time.  j/k.  Maybe next time.
    I've given up now. And the only Achievement I got was the Rookie one for doing the first tutorial so it looks like I've missed out on ANOTHER One!!!! :(