cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Rift wont connect hdmi or usb3

Harthus
Explorer
so heres the issue. ive had a oculus rift for 11 days and suddenly today i restarted my computer and the headset wont connect anymore. 
To clarify before today my headset would connect to the usb3 and hdmi without any problems and ran smooth. 
Now after a computer restart it wont show up as connected either in the full oculus setup or in the devices tab. 
Ive gone through one of the many usb troubleshooting guides on the net changing powersaving modes, updating drivers, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers with 0 luck. My sensors are detected just fine with the exact same ports ive tried the rift usb3s in. also the hdmi port on my video card works fine with my second monitor.

This all pointed to the cord for the rift being my issue so i took it back to the retailer and got a brand new device with fingers crossed. exact same issue. I can also point out that the little light inside the rift headset lights up so it seems to be getting some power at least. 

Heeeellllppp meeeeeee
36 REPLIES 36

LZoltowski
Champion

Harthus said:

Alright ive reinstalled and there still is no C:\Program Files\Oculus VR Runtime Drivers\Drivers\Monitor folder. Is there a place i can go to download the riftdisplay.inf?

Have you reinstalled as per above? It still doesn't work?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
Hold on I'm installing the Oculus setup file on a separate laptop, maybe I can find the files for you.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
The file is in this post.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/596674/#Comment_596674
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Harthus
Explorer
Alright ive downloaded and installed the RiftDisplay.inf as suggested. Nothing changed but im reinstalling oculus again. Also if anyone has problems like the gentleman in the forum post you linked with issues installing the driver to the "store" this website helped me. The second option allowed me to install the .inf 
https://www.technipages.com/enable-disable-device-driver-signing

Harthus
Explorer
still no luck. Darn i really got excited with that one. I included the new setup log

LZoltowski
Champion
Oh no, I am off to bed now unfortunately but if you don't manage to find a solution I will try and find one for you in the morning. Best.

Be kind to one another 🙂

rhettnettles
Honored Guest
Having the exact same issue except mine was great for almost a year!! I have al lot of games and I have tried to get help through support and been unsuccessful. PLEASE post if you resolve this issue and let me know how ... Gonna try the disconnect intenet and uninstall in safe mode (never thought of doing that - DId everything in the list but I wasn;t in safe mode.

LZoltowski
Champion
Can you upload the log gather again, rather than the setup log as you have installed the software successfully?

Also, can you unplug any USB devices apart from your mouse and keyboard and the rift stuff?. 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Harthus
Explorer
I will be happy to get those logs for you once i get home from work. While im at it though I have a question. Will the oculus rift still detect the hdmi connection if the usb isnt connected? I just had a random thought today and was curious if maybe the hdmi is working fine but just not recognized without the usb working. I ask because ive not seen a single anything or anyone say that their hdmi was detected but not usb.

LZoltowski
Champion
Yeah the rift won't say OK unless USB works too. 

Be kind to one another 🙂