cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation failed, DirectX

JonaTjah
Sightseer
837rww9q95wl.png
I can not figure out how to get the software installed..
19 REPLIES 19

LZoltowski
Champion
Can you dl this, unzip and install the bits highlighted in red

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bswzhn76cwgvl1/Drivers.zip?dl=0

qo0b05hpik99.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

JonaTjah
Sightseer
I allready have everything installed on my computer, I did repair everything.

LZoltowski
Champion
Just to make sure you may have something wrong with the way your user profile is set up, could you try making a temporary new user in windows, make it admin, and run setup from that profile? Just so we can rule out some things.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you create a new Windows user, try one without any spaces or non-English characters. That can sometimes cause issues.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

JonaTjah
Sightseer
Ok so i made a new Windows user and installed the Rift software WITHOUT any problems....
What is causing the issue on my Windows Profile Account ?

LZoltowski
Champion

JonaTjah said:

Ok so i made a new Windows user and installed the Rift software WITHOUT any problems....
What is causing the issue on my Windows Profile Account ?

That's a complex question, could be an errand registry permission, could be something that is running on your computer while you are in your old profile, but not running when you are in the new one. 

In your old profile, can you run this
tasklist > “C:\processes.txt”

and attach this here, so I can see what is running on your system

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
Does your new username have spaces or no spaces? I think that could be an issue.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

JonaTjah
Sightseer
Yes both of my profiles have spaces in them.

xwsfd7isgux4.png0cjq6ioyh25f.png9gq1rnuy9mj3.png

Jusad
Honored Guest
Just wanted to jump in and suggest this be in the FAQ or sticky it somewhere.

I had the same problem JonahTjah posted at the beginning of this thread and tried all the usual fixes; I'd manually reinstalled DirectX, done scannow verification, reinstalled my GFX drivers, searched registry, used registry cleaners etc etc 

Huge thank you to LZoltowski and Cyberreality for their help in this thread - my username has no spaces on Win10 and after creating an account with a space in it, the installation went perfectly???

A weird fix - but hard to find  🙂

TIMG1227
Honored Guest
I had experienced the same problems with Oculus installation, also a similar problem with installation of Steam direct X files and I discovered that it was (for me anyhow) as there was a space in my username in Windows 10 (was Tim G, now TimG).  Once I removed the space, everything installed correctly.  

To do this:

Open start and in search box, type netplwiz, click OK.
Select the account you want to modify and click on the properties button.
Change the username to one you want to use (WITHOUT spaces) and click APPLY, OK.
Restart windows.

You should now be able to install Oculus software (and STEAM software too) successfully.

Regards