cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

LZoltowski
Champion

Here it is. Also submitted a ticket. I'm running a 7820k overclocked 4.8, asus x299 prime deluxe, 1080ti, and windows on Samsung 960 pro m.2 NVME ssd. I've tried all the work arounds I can find on the forums and online. Here is a few: re-installed oculus 3 or 4 times now, rolled back drivers to 388.59, unplugged everything else, switched ports for the hardware around, tried different combinations of my monitors off and on etc. etc. and I still get a black screen when trying to continue setup. Or and here's the latest one: after applying that patch this morning, now when the setup tries to continue and says "continue in rift" well both my monitors turn off, then the orange light on the rift turns off (like its turning on) but the rift stays black. And the best part? Well the best part is at this point I can do ANYTHING to get back to my desktop!!! No command keys or anything so I have to restart the computer! So trying to diagnose an issue and having to restart every time I test it is getting really old. I am very patient as you have to be with this tech but that's ran completely out a long time ago. I need to use this for work, I am a building designer/planner and use 3d BIM which can utilize HMD so I show my clients their projects in VR which is cool when it works but it hasn't in months now. So I keep putting off these meetings over and over. I figured I would give it a month and come back to it and here we are. Still no updates or fixes to this issue. I literally had less issues with my DK2 which I still have so maybe I should try it lol. SEND HELP!

Heya, that's just the setup log, can you do a full log gather as per instructions? Ill have a look.

I believe this is it. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

I have PM'ed you 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

HomebrewedDwarf
Honored Guest
New Oculus user here, brand new computer and I have a few issues 
Sound but no video, orange light
Video Oculus home runs about 10 seconds than resets
Black screen no sound

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please make sure you are using Nvidia driver 388.59 specifically. Newer drivers may result in black screens. You should use DDU safe mode uninstall to remove the current driver first.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

zzDeadmeat
Honored Guest
Having an issue since yesterday, initially had a message catastrophic device failure. attempted to re -run setup but getting messages about unable to detect sensors. Have swapped the usb connections around and seeing green check marks in the initial screen then on  through the system to next screen(7th or 8th in the sequence) " Sensor Communication test " I get a general device problem " (-8008) on the sensors  Log file attached. NVidea Driver is latest 391.35

KarlRoe
Explorer
Hi I'm Having the same problem but with an AMD card R9 290 . Here's my log file  Also every time I start Oculus home the screen freezes then home restarts and everything will run fine until it black screens which is anything from minutes to a couple of hours

Anonymous
Not applicable
Games crashing after 3-5 mins. Heres my log file.
Where does loggatherer.exe save the file to?

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'd need to see the other log file. The one created by LogGatherer.exe.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where does loggatherer.exe save the file to after its finished?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Games crashing after 3-5 mins. 
Heres my Loggatherer file and oculus setup file.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try the suggestions in this post?
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/603351/#Comment_603351