cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update!] Oculus support is not..

TheTarantula
Protege
treating a new user, My wife, like they should be. 
She purchased a Rift-Touch Bundle from Best Buy during the Celebration (I encouraged her to, given Skyrim was coming out and there was the possibility of some titles in the future she would be interested in). We discovered the foam on the headset was coming off in chunks after a day or so. At no point was the foam grabbed, twisted or used to remove the headset. We opened a ticket and sent detailed pictures of the issue. Support comes back to us saying it must have been grabbed for this to happen and waving it off as if she did this. This is a extremely inexpensive part and an easy fix, but its being treated as a non-issue.

Yes, I can buy a new a $29.00 replacement faceplate, but I'm not going to, because this is an inexpensive item that Oculus can send out to us and resolve this issue.

EDIT: Thanks to intervention from cybereality , support is sending out a replacement foam face interface.

Thank you kindly for your help!

6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
Facial interface damage is usually considered wear and tear and not covered under warranty. However, it sounds like you just purchased recently, so this is a unique situation. Can you please let me know your support ticket number so I can take a look at the details? Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

TheTarantula
Protege

Facial interface damage is usually considered wear and tear and not covered under warranty. However, it sounds like you just purchased recently, so this is a unique situation. Can you please let me know your support ticket number so I can take a look at the details? Thanks.

I have PM'd you the info. Thank you for checking into it.

Star-lizard
Rising Star
https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-facial-interface-foam-replacement-standard-set-2/
Have a look at this as a replacement, I know it's going to cost but it's so much better than what the rift comes with. They also sell a cheaper version same quality, just less pads

TheTarantula
Protege

https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-facial-interface-foam-replacement-standard-set-2/
Have a look at this as a replacement, I know it's going to cost but it's so much better than what the rift comes with. They also sell a cheaper version same quality, just less pads

I have purchased some of those for my own Rift, I like the Cloth covers personally when I use mine, but I use the leather with disposable pads for Guests, Wife tried my rift before getting one of her own, so that might be an option in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is weird. What would cause it to come off in chunks o.o;?

TheTarantula
Protege

Mradr said:

That is weird. What would cause it to come off in chunks o.o;?

Don't know. I mean, they weren't pinched and pulled out, the chunks just fell off. This is new single layer foam I think.