New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How To Change Install Path?

TheBravadosTheBravados Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hey, dudes! 

Just got my Rift the other day and I absolutely love it! However, my SSD is filling up pretty fast - is there a way to change the install path for my games in the rift? Thanks!

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    You can, but you'll have to uninstall the Oculus app and reinstall. Be sure to choose a drive/folder with enough space. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Johannes1365156Johannes1365156 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    How, can I change the install path? The only path I can change is the path for the Installation of the VR apps.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • nathaniel.ednathaniel.ed Posts: 0
    NerveGear
    Hey, sorry for bringing back an old post, but I have a problem. I'm running Windows 7, so I need to use the Run command to get around the hotfix check (i.e. OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck). But to change the drive, I need to be able to use a different Run command. My problem is that I don't know how to use both Run commands at the same time. I've tried Googling stuff, but nothing has worked. Upgrading to Windows 10 is not an option at this time, nor is using my C: drive. I run my OS on a small drive and use a couple of bigger drives for storage. Help! And thank you!
    No I don't think that works. Though you only need the Oculus app itself on the C drive (it should take around 50GB), the games can be in any folder.