cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] My Oculus Rift headset HDMI and USB isnt being detected

dannygorry
Honored Guest
I have tried many of the fixes suggested through previous forums and the support page but the software wont pick up the oculus headset also the light inside the headset turns orange meaning its getting power to it through the USB

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz 38 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1200MHz (16-18-18-36)

Motherboard
MSI B250 GAMING M3 (MS-7A62) (U3E1) 33 °C

Graphics
U2879G6 (3840x2160@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (MSI) 37 °C

Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 30 °C
2794GB TOSHIBA HDWD130 (SATA)
47 REPLIES 47

LZoltowski
Champion

It could be something with your USB ports. Can you buy this specific add-on card?
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM
This one has been tested to work with Oculus Rift.

buying this didnt fix the problem

Which drivers are you using it for it? The ones windows auto detected or ones from the manufacturer?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

dannygorry
Honored Guest

Doum76 said:

Received my Rift yesterday and had issues to get my USB 2.0 Sensor being detected. Found a youtube video for the fix, but someone posted something and i decided to try that guy<s thing, which was simple, no fooling around inside files etc.. and he had like 20 replies to it for sucess. Try this out, it worked for me.

Go to: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers

Run oculus-driver.exe

After i ran it, my USB 2.0 got detected and i was able to continue configuring my new Rift

Thanks but I've already done this multiple times 

dannygorry
Honored Guest
it now has this message but i have the most up to date drivers

lex32am18v6f.png

dannygorry
Honored Guest

Which drivers are you using it for it? The ones windows auto detected or ones from the manufacturer?

the ones on the manufacturers website. they didnt have windows 10 ones so i got the windows 8 64 bit one

LZoltowski
Champion

the ones on the manufacturers website. they didnt have windows 10 ones so i got the windows 8 64 bit one

Are you sure? Can you try these?
https://support.frescologic.com/portal/kb/articles/latest-drivers
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

dannygorry
Honored Guest

the message for the sensor is gone but the headset still doesnt work

LZoltowski
Champion

the message for the sensor is gone but the headset still doesnt work

Where is your headset plugged into? which ports?

Be kind to one another 🙂

dannygorry
Honored Guest

Where is your headset plugged into? which ports?

the bottom one (if laying on its side) the furthest left (if stood up)

LZoltowski
Champion
could you take a picture? 

Be kind to one another 🙂

dannygorry
Honored Guest

it now has this message but i have the most up to date drivers
lex32am18v6f.png

i unplugged and plugged the senor back in and it has this message again