cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] My Oculus Rift headset HDMI and USB isnt being detected

dannygorry
Honored Guest
I have tried many of the fixes suggested through previous forums and the support page but the software wont pick up the oculus headset also the light inside the headset turns orange meaning its getting power to it through the USB

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz 38 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1200MHz (16-18-18-36)

Motherboard
MSI B250 GAMING M3 (MS-7A62) (U3E1) 33 °C

Graphics
U2879G6 (3840x2160@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (MSI) 37 °C

Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 30 °C
2794GB TOSHIBA HDWD130 (SATA)
47 REPLIES 47

LZoltowski
Champion
In Device Manager, can you find all the Inatek controller entries (fresco logic), right click on them and select uninstall and reboot, windows should find it's own drivers. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

dannygorry
Honored Guest
pgyitap9ajit.png

dannygorry
Honored Guest
https://gyazo.com/c54656a3d400c07e419d4d3d97a7c74f
now i have these two unknown usb devices
both sensors are being detected as well but still no headset
@Zoltowski

LZoltowski
Champion
Out of interest why do you have the headset on the PCIE board? Can you not plug sensors into the card and the headset into the USB ports on your motherboard?

Alos I found this article that might help with the USB Errors
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fix-for-Unknown-USB-Device-Dev...
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

dannygorry
Honored Guest

Out of interest why do you have the headset on the PCIE board? Can you not plug sensors into the card and the headset into the USB ports on your motherboard?

Alos I found this article that might help with the USB Errors
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fix-for-Unknown-USB-Device-Dev...

my normal usbs werent working and thats why i bought this PCIE board in the first place. the other person who was helping me said that my usb port may not be compatible and using it in this may fix it

LZoltowski
Champion
Ah, got confused as one of your previous posts said you solved the issue by doing the oculus-drivers setup. 

Be kind to one another 🙂

dannygorry
Honored Guest

Ah, got confused as one of your previous posts said you solved the issue by doing the oculus-drivers setup. 

Yeah it worked temporarily and after going to bed and trying to play it again it stopped

dannygorry
Honored Guest
https://gyazo.com/f96e1e1b7723cabe23773b9ba9d010f7
after following that article you sent it fixed one of the unknown usb device but not the other
@LZoltowski

Anonymous
Not applicable
My USB3 card is only PCI and tells me it won't handle all 3 on the same board.
However, all 3 can be run on my m/b USB2 with no issues and performs the same as what I have now with only HMD + Sensor on USB3 PCI card then 2nd Sensor on the m/b USB2.
So it sounds like available power on that card maybe it needs PCIe x16 slot to run all 3 on same USB3 card.
i.e it is totally not necessary for USB3 at all! (a bonus if you ain't got it and I proved this even on my Xeon Quad Duo 3GHz)

dannygorry
Honored Guest

MAC_MAN86 said:

My USB3 card is only PCI and tells me it won't handle all 3 on the same board.
However, all 3 can be run on my m/b USB2 with no issues and performs the same as what I have now with only HMD + Sensor on USB3 PCI card then 2nd Sensor on the m/b USB2.
So it sounds like available power on that card maybe it needs PCIe x16 slot to run all 3 on same USB3 card.
i.e it is totally not necessary for USB3 at all! (a bonus if you ain't got it and I proved this even on my Xeon Quad Duo 3GHz)

just tried putting one sensor on mobo and one on the front of case (like normal because at the back it doesnt reach) and just the headset on the USB card and still the same errors occur and all of these are usb 3.0's