New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Hands not moving in VR.

RundopalRundopal Posts: 7
NerveGear
When I move my hands in real life they don’t move in VR. They turn around and everything, they have the right hand gestures but I can’t make them move while you can see them in VR. When I try to set up my sensors by holding the trigger it says that initiate tracking didn’t work with my controller. Please help.

Answers

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,518 Valuable Player
    I'm not sure I understand your post. Have you ran the setup all the way through?
  • RundopalRundopal Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Yes, I have but the part where my sensors try to detect my touch controllers I get stuck and I need to try again.
  • RundopalRundopal Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem as gr0bda.
  • DiacredDiacred Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having the same problem even though I managed to go through the setup. Once I am in VR (oculus home or the tutorial) my hands (controllers) can't move in VR and the oculus home is jumpy as f***. 
  • dgrettondgretton Posts: 1
    NerveGear

Hi, I had the same set of problems (hands rotate but do not move at all in space, and the image in the headset is extremely jumpy, to the point that it's unusable) and I found a solution, though it isn't too exciting. I uninstalled the drivers for the oculus sensors through device manager. Then I re-ran oculus the oculus installer, this time selecting the "repair" option. It re-downloaded the whole oculus package and installed in a few minutes. Then, I restarted my PC and re-ran oculus setup.

This is a symptom that may apply to systems where the installer somehow didn't get the drivers right, and the user installed them manually, like I did. After my original install, my sensors weren't recognized by my system as Oculus VR devices, indicating a driver issue. I located and ran a driver install executable in my oculus install directory (on my system, it was in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers), and after restarting, my sensors were detected by Oculus Home. They were recognized as USB 3.0 devices, though. They were plugged into USB 2.0 ports, so something wasn't right. That's when I experienced the systemic tracking errors. After I followed the above steps, the sensors were recognized as USB 2.0 devices by Oculus Home and the issue cleared.

My guess is that the drivers were 3.0 only, and Oculus was requesting data from the sensors as if they were 3.0-capable. Their lag/data format issues might have messed up position triangulation. Once the drivers were correctly configured for 2.0, ASW and other Oculus tracking compensation technologies could smooth out the lower data rate from the sensors--they just had to know what to expect from the available ports. In any case, hope this helps.