cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEDIUM EVENTS & more!

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Wanted to share this contest that we're sponsoring with Pinshape and Mold3D

Design your avatar using Medium and enter to win Form 2 3D printer (for bringing your sculpts to life), an Oculus Rift + Touch (great for gifting or for your second set up), and more! 

Judges include prominent Medium-artists, Dominic Qwek and Gio Nakpil. 

Share your designs here for inspiration! 

ocqbvqnwf5cf.jpg

37 REPLIES 37

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
February Artist Spotlight with Greg Peltz, Technical Director at Pixar! 
RSVP here

gywnkjpcc95p.jpg

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
March Artist Spotlight with Bay Raitt, founder of Spiraloid Workshop that made Nanite Fulcrum on the Rift! Also, Bay was the lead behind modelling and building the facial system for the CGI character "Gollum" in The Lord of the Rings trilogy at Weta Digital! 

RSVP here

eh0nk0n4d647.png

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
We're exited to be joining the fun and horrors at Monsterpalooza, in Pasadena, CA! 
We'll be showing off epic 3D prints and @gfnakpil will be sculpting live! 

8h2mmdgczcyc.png

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Sculpting Netflix’s Rapture

We're working with Netflix to sculpt in VR the hip-hop artists from Netflix’s Rapture.

Find us Live on Wednesday, April 11 at 1pm PDT 

on the Oculus Medium Facebook page

yp3xwo3a8y97.jpg

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Excited to announce we'll be at FMX, in Stuttgart Germany, April 24-27. 
 We'll be hosting VR Sculpting workshops taught by @southerngfx
 and demos with @vr_human, open to all FMX attendees. 
FMX 1-day passes are also available for purchase. 

Grab your spot for our VR Sculpting Workshop now

hsv6pwru2009.png

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Sketchfab + Oculus Medium VR Challenge: Claymation Characters

We're working with Sketchfab to challeng you to recreate that claymation characters sculpted in Medium. Participate and you can win an Oculus Sensor (great for a 3-sensor setup for full room-scale VR!) and a set of Oculus Earbuds.

Upload your sculpt to Sketchfab and tag it #ClaymationCharactersChallenge. See full rules here!

Submissions due Monday, May 28 (23:59 New York time – EST).

Winners are announced!! 

focyy0o0pqc7.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sketchfab + Oculus Medium VR Challenge: Claymation Characters

We're working with Sketchfab to challeng you to recreate that claymation characters sculpted in Medium. Participate and you can win an Oculus Sensor (great for a 3-sensor setup for full room-scale VR!) and a set of Oculus Earbuds.

Upload your sculpt to Sketchfab and tag it #ClaymationCharactersChallenge. See full rules here!

Submissions due Monday, May 28 (23:59 New York time – EST).

focyy0o0pqc7.png

This sounds fun! Will try knock something up, and gives me a chance to finally try upload something to sketchfab 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I just say I uploaded to Sketchfab for the first time today, I can't believe how easy it was! only takes 2 mins, thanks for teaming up and making me finally do it!

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
May Artist Spotlight with Bryant "Momo" Koshu, concept artist at Skydance Interactive! He has recently worked on Archangel Hellfire VR game and had an opportunity to design the mechs and the cockpits for the game in Medium!! 

"Working as a VR concept artist, I've found Oculus Medium to be a highly efficient program for an artist like me to sketch out my ideas very quickly, and effectively."

Missed it live? Catch it all here! 

oe0xkuuxqelv.png

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
July Artist Spotlight with Az Balabanian, Cinematographer, Photogrammetry Artist and VR Director! 
During the Facebook Live stream, Az will show us how he uses Medium for his photogrammetry projects. Check out some of his incredible work here

Live here! 

msw1u9nsc76g.png