cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to utilize Quill as next generation modeling tool.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am Medama.

I'm experimenting with Quill now.
We are experimenting with converting scenes created by Quill into Obj and converting it into 3D modeling data that can be used for games and movies using RealityCapture.

If this method works out, people without the skill of 3D modeling will be able to do 3D modeling.

Japanese artists are now paying attention to Quill.

I hope Quill will have lots of 3D artists.

https://twitter.com/medamap/status/986626180085198850

18 REPLIES 18

LZoltowski
Champion
Wow, that is a super interesting concept. How did you set up the camera rig?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

danknugz
Superstar
why is there an illustration of an underage girl in her underwear?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

kojack
MVP
MVP
Rather than using a very expensive photogrammetry program (non expiring RealityCapture license is 4000 euros) with hundreds of screenshots, Quill already supports exporting 3d models directly to FBX and Alembic formats that you can then load in Blender.
Unless Quill is missing something in it's exports (I don't use it myself, I prefer Medium).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

LZoltowski
Champion

kojack said:

Rather than using a very expensive photogrammetry program (non expiring RealityCapture license is 4000 euros) with hundreds of screenshots, Quill already supports exporting 3d models directly to FBX and Alembic formats that you can then load in Blender.
Unless Quill is missing something in it's exports (I don't use it myself, I prefer Medium).

Quill is not a solid mesh object, its more individual brush strokes as flat, thin surfaces, this above approach is quite ingenious actually. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that is a super interesting concept. How did you set up the camera rig?

I made a program with Unity.
Import FBX or OBJ and create it if you execute it.

https://github.com/medamap/PC3601

Anonymous
Not applicable

danknugz said:

why is there an illustration of an underage girl in her underwear?

I deleted the link because it was bad impression.

Anonymous
Not applicable

kojack said:

I know that I can import it into Blender.
Quill's mesh easily exceeds 1 million, it is not realistic to use in other applications.
This method is a good way to keep the impression created by Quill and use it in other applications.

Sterling77
Rising Star
Alembic in and out would be super helpful 🙂 

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alembic in and out would be super helpful 🙂 

Alembic export function is good.
Regular people can not see Alembic data.
So, I port it to Unity and publish quill animation in exe format.
Quill is wonderful.
I hope that a lot of people will be able to see Quill's data easily.