cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift on A10 A7890K and Geforce 1050TI

KoningHosselaar
Honored Guest
Goodevening, 

With much doubts I sold my Playstation and VR today. For some extra money. Because I’m gonna buy a Rift which I will probably get tuesday or wednesday. 
I was just wondering it someone could get it running on a A10 7890K CPU and a 1050TI 4GB and 8GB ram. 
The funny thing is that the Oculus Rift test tells me that my graphic card is good enough. And my processor isnt. But I see people running it on the same processor... so any thoughts about this?

also I don’t have a really big room can someone help me with setting it up. Well at least give me some tips haha. 
Should I put the sensors above me facing down. Or infront of me on my desk? 
And is the rift compatiable with vrchat?
9 REPLIES 9

falken76
Expert Consultant
What is that equivilant to on Intel?  Is it like an I5 4670k?  If so it should be ok.  The GPU itself is weak.  I think it will work though.  I've seen alot of people report problems with the 1050ti and VR though.

KoningHosselaar
Honored Guest
Well, I’ll upgrade later on this year after I moved out of my current household. But for now I’m hoping it should work. And not really sure.. it has 4 cores and runs on max 4.0ghz  and has overclock possibilities. So I guess it’s kinda the same.
Today I’ve been reading about oculus that only the Intel processors are accepted in the test and the AMD processors are all ‘not compatible’ and don’t succeed the test. And about the graphics card I’ll should just try it out then.

is there a possibility to assign your own play are so you can make sure you don’t bump against other things?

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
I think you'll be fine for most games, though not all. The AMD A10-7890K is roughly on par with the Intel i5-6400 and AMD's newer Ryzen 3 1200. This is definitely the bottom end of what can reasonably be expected to play VR games, but I think it does make the cut.

KoningHosselaar
Honored Guest

I think you'll be fine for most games, though not all. The AMD A10-7890K is roughly on par with the Intel i5-6400 and AMD's newer Ryzen 3 1200. This is definitely the bottom end of what can reasonably be expected to play VR games, but I think it does make the cut.

Thank you so much! 
Well for now aslong as I can play VRChat and other a bit less intense graphic games I’m happy. 
I hope I don’t regret the upgrade to Oculus. I’ve heard that Oculus is a bit more immersive as I’ve only feel immersed in a few PS4 games

falken76
Expert Consultant

is there a possibility to assign your own play are so you can make sure you don’t bump against other things?

I think your 1050ti will at least play most of the content.  Something like DCS World might be hard on it, but that's a steam game, it is too demanding to even make it into the Oculus Home store.

Yes you can assign your own play area, it is done during the setup, it is called Guardian on Oculus Rift.  You define the space and while you are in game if you get close to your boundries a wireframe grid wall appears so you know where the boundries are.  You can turn the walls off and the boarders will still be visable on the floor that shows the edges of your play area when you get close to them.  I would recommend using the wireframe walls at first while you get used to the area, then you can turn them off if you want to.

KoningHosselaar
Honored Guest
Thank you a lot. Well, I bought mine second hand for 250 euros. So let’s just wait for it. I even checked the package weight on the track and trace if it was equal to the bundle’s normal weight. The package is 4,6 kg

KoningHosselaar
Honored Guest
I just opened my package and I’m installing the oculus software which takes forever to download aaaa. I’m so excited! 

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Hope it goes well for you. Once you do have it up and running, be sure to tell us how well it works (or doesn't) so we can help the next guy who has a similar setup.

KoningHosselaar
Honored Guest
Well... got everything connected and setup and got till the end to only realise I had my Oculus rift connected to the HDMI in my motherboard. So I disconnected it. And reconnected it to my graphicscard. No signal... just a orange light. And setup doesn’t detect the rift. Only USB. Neither does windows I think. 
I’ve been trying to solve it for a few hours now but so far nothing is working. Trying to install windows 7 right now. And see if oculus runs on my dedicated graphics card. 
It’s funny how the oculus light turns white when I plug it in on my motherboard but just shows a blackscreen...