Your Top x Favorite games on the Rift? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Your Top x Favorite games on the Rift?

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,672 Valuable Player
Moments ago I beat Lone Echo for the first time, and wow... it's one of those "left me speechless" moments. As a result I started reviewing my Library, which dates back to 2016, and naturally I wanted to compile a list of some of my most memorable VR experiences in the past 2 years.

I'm interested in what the rest of you Rifters would rate as your "top" favorite VR experiences so far.

Mine, in alphabetical order:
  1. Albino Lullaby
  2. Crystal Rift
  3. Darknet
  4. Dead Secret
  5. Farlands
  6. From Other Suns
  7. ioMoon
  8. Lone Echo
  9. Nevermind
  10. Obduction
  11. The Unspoken
  12. The Invisible Hours
  13. Xing

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• GrimJayGrimJay Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    All I play, period,  since 8 days ago is Orbus.  Free play starting tomorrow through the weekend...  Feels like the Everquest of it’s time.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,672 Valuable Player
    edited April 2018
    GrimJay said:
    All I play, period,  since 8 days ago is Orbus.  Free play starting tomorrow through the weekend...  Feels like the Everquest of it’s time.

I played Orbus for about 2 weeks straight. Great game. I took a break after getting to some of the higher level content. I'd like to see more added to the game.
  • GrimJayGrimJay Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Zenbane said:
    GrimJay said:

I played Orbus for about 2 weeks straight. Great game. I took a break after getting to some of the higher level content. I'd like to see more added to the game.
    Absolutely agree.  It’s very early in content, but concept wise, this is MMORPG in VR!  Amazing!
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,787 Valuable Player
    in no particular order (but elite at the top of the pile)

Elite Dangerous
    Assetto Corsa
    PCARS2
    Edge of nowhere
    From Other Suns
    Euro Truck Simulator (I will bundle this with ATS as kind of same game)
    Arizona Sunshine
    Subnautica
    Dirt Rally
    Apex Construct

Other mentions that i have high hopes for but not played enough yet
    lone echo
    Chronos
    skyrim (only played the "free" vr version of and given official is a lot better..................)
    Google earth (but its not a game)
    Alien isolation... so close to being the ultimate VR game.. but a bit too janky.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,398 Valuable Player
    edited April 2018
    Not all on the Rift mind but...

Resident Evil 7 (PSVR)
    Skyrim VR
    Subnautica
    From Other Suns
    RAW Data
    Technolust
    Alien Iso.
    Elite D
    Project Cars 2
    Dirt Rally
    Battlezone
    RIGS (PSVR)
    Call of the Starseed Episode 1
    Batman Arkham VR

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,380 Valuable Player
    SuperHotVR
    Medium
    Echo Arena
    Lone Echo
    From Other Suns
    Fallout 4 VR
    Skyrim VR
    Sportsbar VR (quite a good billiards simulation)
    Brass Tactics (haven’t played it as much as I’d like to, but great game)
    AirMech: Command

Those are games that sucked me in and ate up significant time, but there are a lot of honourable mentions, like The Climb, Technolust, Edge of Nowhere, Arizona Sunshine, Gun Club VR, Landfall, I Expect You to Die, and plenty of others that aren’t coming to mind right now. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,795 Valuable Player
    edited April 2018
    Alien Isolation                 
    Arktika.1                       
    Blazerush
    Doom 3 BFG
    Eleven Table Tennis             
    Lone Echo                       
    Pavlov                          
    Project Cars                    
    Racket NX                       
    Raw Data                        
    Robo Recall                     
    Serious Sam: Last Hope          
    Space Pirate Trainer            
    Superhot                        
    The Climb                       
    TO THE TOP                      
    Windlands                       
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,987
    3Jane
    edited April 2018
    onward
    ets2/ats
    city driving simulator

thats it

edit: doom3 honorable mention
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,165 Volunteer Moderator
    Robo Recall
    Elite Dangerous
    Euro Truck Sim 2
    Everything else

(There's lots of cool stuff, but those three are the ones I keep coming back to the most)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,400 Valuable Player
    So difficult not to list my entire library lol

In order of awesomeness:

Elite Dangerous
    Skyrim VR
    Robo Recall
    Lone Echo
    Dreadhalls
    SuperHOT
    SuperHOT
    SuperHOT lol :D
    The Climb
    Robinson The Journey
    The Mage's Tale
    Chronos

That's my top 10, but ask me again tomorrow and I'll probably list a few different ones here and there. Elite Dangerous and Skyrim VR are now first and third place in my best games of all time list. :o

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,721 Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2018
    @Zenbane did you feel an actual emotion for Liv towards the end? ...

Game spoiler ahead
     when you had to save her with the paddles?
    It's the first game that made me feel for a digital character, ever 2d or 3d.

Games, no particular order as they all have their merits 

1. Lone Echo
    2. Invisible Hours
    3. Form
    4. Startrek Bridge Crew
    5. Skyrim VR
    6. Superhot VR
    7. The Gallery Episode 1 & 2
    8. Luckys Tale
    9. Elite Dangerous
    10. Robinson the Journey (after touch support)

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Right, Luckys Tale deserves a mention - totally forgot about that one.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • BloodletBloodlet Posts: 733
    3Jane
    edited April 2018
    Skyrim VR
    Elite Dangerous
    War Thunder
    In Death
    Project Cars 2
    PayDay 2 VR
    Dirt Rally
    Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand grenades.
    Big Screen Beta. (I know it's not a game but I watch a lot of 3d movies in my own cinema..just love it.)
    Bullets and More VR (BAMVR)
    Robo Recall
    QuiVR
    Star Trek Bridge Crew (With friends only)
  • SimonSays28SimonSays28 Posts: 578
    Neo
    edited April 2018
    I have only had it for about 3 months now - but these are my favourite experiences in order:

1. Bigscreen
    2. SkyrimVR
    3. SuperhotVR
    4. Arizona Sunshine
    5. Doom 3 BFG VR
    6. No One Lives Forever 2 VR
    7. Lucky's Tale
    8. Alien Isolation
    9. gzDoomVR
    10. QuakeVR

I know that SkyrimVR is not a full VR experience but I'd say it is my favourite game in VR - simply because I feel the sheer amount of content offered outweighs the minor annoyances I have with the interface and lack of proper VR hand presence.

I would say my favourite native VR experience so far has been SuperhotVR - because it makes you feel like a total bad ass action movie star.

Bigscreen sees the most use out of me though - I have spent over 100 hours in it watching TV and movies and I just see that number going up.
    Check out my band at http://theheavyjack3.bandcamp.com/ - our entire discography has been released for free download.

• GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 105
    Art3mis
    Let's see, in no particular order

Echo Arena
    ViveCraft
    Doom 3 BFG VR
    Dolphin VR ( Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask (Wish I could say the same about Twilight Princess.))
    OverLoad
    Sublevel Zero Redux
    Virtual Desktop
    Vr Chat
    GzDoomVR
    Xing
    3Jane
    @Zenbane did you feel an actual emotion for Liv towards the end when you had to save her with the paddles?

1. Lone Echo
    2. Invisible Hours
    3. Form
    4. Startrek Bridge Crew
    5. Skyrim VR
    6. Superhot VR
    8. Luckys Tale
    9. Elite Dangerous

ill never bother playing lone echo but you should know better to spoil endings as a moderator
    3Jane
    Wildt said:
    that game is a derivatve trash cash grab. sequel doesnt even support vr cause there wasnt enough cash for them to steal from people using stolen, poorly implemented ideas
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,400 Valuable Player
    danknugz said:
    Wildt said:
    that game is a derivatve trash cash grab. sequel doesnt even support vr cause there wasnt enough cash for them to steal from people using stolen, poorly implemented ideas

Well different strokes for different folks I guess. The platforming isn't poorly implemented imo, and if those ideas are 'stolen' then the same can be said of every platform game whether they're flat 2D, flat 3D or in VR.

And the sequel didn't support VR because it was a launch title for the Xbox One X and Microsoft obviously funded it. If it was a cross platform title you would most likely see a VR version for the PSVR and PC VR headsets.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • blacky75blacky75 Posts: 21
    NerveGear
    Well, there are some VERY nice games under Oculus, but personaly, as I'm a sim-racer, I'm mostly often under:
    1. iRacing
    2. RaceRoom
    3. Elite Dangerous
    4. Lone Echo
    specs: MB-Asus P9X79, CPU-i7 4820K (not OC'ed) Watercooled, RAM-64Gb, SSDs, GC-Zotac AmpExtreme 1080 (not OC'ed), Oculus Rift+touch, 3x32Samsung Screen
  • GuarinGuarin Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I'm not sure I have a favorite; never feels like I have much time to get truly invested. Some of my favorite rift experiences with games so far have been as much lessons learned. 

1 - Robo Recall - First game I really got into, only one I've actually beat so far. Top of the list since it was the game that helped me convince the wife that I needed a bigger play area instead of a 4-5 section in the office. Might of helped that when I ripped off a robots head I smacked into the ceiling fan and shattered a lightbulb...

2 - Titan Slayer - Fun little game I mess around with every now and then, got me to realize how out of shape I was when playing games kicked my butt physically.

3 - Knockout League - The game seems to be constantly growing with new content thus far. Without a doubt it's a nostalgic touch back to the good 'ol Punch-Out days.

4 - Skyrim - A massive vr experience, might move up the list if I ever break down and start modding it.

5 - Raw Data - The solo game of it is fun, only about half way into it and haven't tried any of the co-op yet but great potential.

Have more in the library, though a lot I haven't really found the time to get into to actually see how I like it. Maybe with the Orbus trial this weekend if I get time I'll see how that goes!
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    I have about 70 VR games and apps, in Oculus and Steam, hard to tell my favorites...
    No particular order, and I'm sure I'll forget some....
    - Onward
    -Skyrim VR of course
    - Obduction
    - The Talos principle
    - Project Cars 2
    - DCS
    - The Invisible Hours
    - Everyday Golf
    - Robo Recall
    - Wilson's Heart (one of my favorites though I can't play it anymore, too scary for me, too bad I hate jumpscares...)
    - H3VR
    - Elite Dangerous
    - Eurotruck and American truck simulator
    ...etc
    I just bought GORN and Kartong today, just had a glimpse on them and I already LOVE them ! Kartong is well worth discovering ;)

And I'm waiting for a big sale to buy Lone Echo and In Death, I've more than enough to keep me busy for a long time, even though I play almost 3 hours a day (only in VR, I uninstalled every "flat" game, I can't play them anymore)

Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 902
    3Jane
    edited April 2018
    In no particular order:
    1. Albino Lullaby
    2. In Death
    3. Technolust
    4. Robo Recall
    5. ioMoon
    6. Raw Data
    7. Medium
    8. Tilt Brush
    9. Dirt Rally
    10. Serious Sam VR

Top free:

1. Deadly Hunter
    2. AIRCAR
    3. SanBase Travel fractals (some in-app purchases)

If there’s one constant in my list, it’s that I like simple gameplay and interesting environments without a lot of complex controls to be figured out. There are a number that I really liked but got stuck in for some reason or another and never completed. Plus there are a ton that I purchased in various sales but have never gotten around to really playing yet. Just purchased  Skyrim and I expect that to keep me busy for some time now! 

Sorry for the iPad screwed up formatting 
    GeekyGami said:

OverLoad
    REALLY looking forward to that one coming out of EA.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,839 Valuable Player
    edited April 2018
    Superhot VR. 
    Robo Recall
    Serious Sam VR
    Star Trek Bridge Crew
    The Lab ( Slingshot and Archer faves )
    Dead and Buried
    VRChat
    From Other Suns ( makes me nauseous)
    Luckys Tales 
  • JonJonXDJonJonXD Posts: 86
    Hiro Protagonist
    Superhot VR
    In Death (Honestly, it's very underrated!)
    Robo Recall
    PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,721 Volunteer Moderator
    danknugz said:
    @Zenbane did you feel an actual emotion for Liv towards the end when you had to save her with the paddles?

1. Lone Echo
    2. Invisible Hours
    3. Form
    4. Startrek Bridge Crew
    5. Skyrim VR
    6. Superhot VR
    8. Luckys Tale
    9. Elite Dangerous

ill never bother playing lone echo but you should know better to spoil endings as a moderator
    Not really a spoiler to the ending, you will understand if you ever get the chance to play. But you're right, could seem like a story element. Fixed. 

P.S Mod status doesn't make me a god-like power, I'm still human :)
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    3Jane
    I forgot Dreadhalls—spent a lot of time in there, because the procedural generation adds a lot of variety. 
    3Jane
    Oops...Google Earth...can’t forget that one. 
  • BeastyBaiterBeastyBaiter Posts: 778
    3Jane
    My top 5:

1) IL2: Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow/Kuban
    2) DCS World (Ka-50 and AV-8B specifically)
    3) Robo Recall
    4) From Other Suns
    5) Skyrim VR (would probably like it a lot better if I hadn't already played it to death outside VR)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,672 Valuable Player
    danknugz said:
    Wildt said:
    that game is a derivatve trash cash grab.

You're still calling a free game a 'cash grab' ?? You need to stop using complex terms.

Lucky's Tale was great, and definitely deserves an honorable mention.

Onward is the real cash grab, and you've been fanboying it for over a year.