Rift core 2.0 post your problem's here - Page 8 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift core 2.0 post your problem's here

Comments

• 2to20characters2to20characters Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I was having the black screen problem. After updating my display drivers, Windows, etc. etc. I was finally able to fix this by unplugging some external USB peripherals one at a time through means of trial and error. Rift Core 2.0 works like a charm after unplugging this one device that was causing interference. I have two monitors daisy-chained through a single DisplayPort and I do not seem to be having any issues with that so far.
  • GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 105
    Art3mis
    Hi. I still need to find a solution to my issue with the Nvidia VR virtual monitor.

As I had said previously, I disabled it in my quest to get the keyboard to work in Dash.
    I want to re-enable it.

When Dash starts, I can't access anything on the desktop.
    I can't access anything on the desktop from Dash either.

The VR monitor doesn't show up when Dash isn't on, so I can't re-enable it from there.
    Since I can't access anything on my desktop while Oculus Dash is on, I can't re-enable it while it's actually there.
  • VipHybsVipHybs Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I get the below tear-out panel desktop compatibility issues icon for every window I've tried tearing out. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting the issue? I have a late 2017 Razer Blade 14 with GTX1060. Thanks in advance for the help! 
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,111
    Wintermute
    VipHybs said:
    I get the below tear-out panel desktop compatibility issues icon for every window I've tried tearing out. Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting the issue? I have a late 2017 Razer Blade 14 with GTX1060. Thanks in advance for the help! 
    Let me guess : do you have the size of your Font in Windows not at the standard value?
    More serious question : Which Windows version are you using?

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• markm75markm75 Posts: 68
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2018
    falken76 said:
    I had a problem, I can't use the beta right now.  I have a dual screen system.  When the beta installed, it overtook my dual screens.  Rift Creates a virtual monitor in display settings, this pushes one of my monitors over and then places the rift next to monitor number 1.  Then monitor number 2 only goes diagonal to the rift.  The rift is labeld Monitor 3.  No matter where I move monitor number 2, when I hit apply it goes back to the diagonal position it was in.   What this causes is a scenerio where your extended monitor still works and windows open on it like they always have, but your mouse can not go within the boarders of that monitor so you can not interact with anything using the mouse.  This happens even if you don't use the rift at all once the beta is installed.  I couldn't roll back because once I load the oculus software it took up an entire screen and there was no mouse to even use to select the settings tab.  I couldn't close the screen with ctrl+alt+Del because the screen that is supposed to come up doesn't show up at all.  This really messed up multi displays big time for me at least.  I had to do a hard reset.  Once I uninstalled the rift software I could get access to my windows again.  When I would move things in display settings and hit apply it actually made changes again.  This was 100% caused by the latest oculus software update.

On a positive I did get to play with dash which seems kinda cool.  Looks like what Steam has in their vr also.  A room you can decorate.  I guess it's kind of cool.  I'm afraid to try it again now.  I think I'll hold off on the beta until they do at least their first patch.

Similar issue with my nvidia 1080 + two 4k screens.. soon as i launch oculus 2.0 beta.. it disables the second screen and moves the one diagonal to the others.. if you try to enable the second screen it just fails to stay enabled.  I've tried reinstalling nvidia drivers/oculus/driver cleaners.. nothing fixes this.. some seem to have this issue, some dont.  The weird part is the exact same setup on a clean version of windows 10 seems to be ok.
  • markm75markm75 Posts: 68
    Hiro Protagonist
    markm75 said:
    Similar issue with my nvidia 1080 + two 4k screens.. soon as i launch oculus 2.0 beta.. it disables the second screen and moves the one diagonal to the others.. if you try to enable the second screen it just fails to stay enabled.  I've tried reinstalling nvidia drivers/oculus/driver cleaners.. nothing fixes this.. some seem to have this issue, some dont.  The weird part is the exact same setup on a clean version of windows 10 seems to be ok.
    UPDATE:  i managed to get this working.. what i did was.. went into nvidia control panel.. set the second screen to active but CLONE.. then went back in.. set to extended.. the disabled screen was also set to primary (my left screen) at this point, rather than my right screen being primary.. still good.. i opened/closed the oculus home.. all good.. so now i reset the primary to my right screen and its still working.. wow.. crazy but it worked for me
    NerveGear
    YoLolo69 said:
    VipHybs said:
    Let me guess : do you have the size of your Font in Windows not at the standard value?
    More serious question : Which Windows version are you using?

A "Custom scaling" value in "Display Settings" was set by default. I changed it to 100% logged out and back on to make the change take affect but it did not resolve the tear-out issue. 

I'm using "Microsoft Windows 10 Home" version 10.0.16299 
  • scottharmes6scottharmes6 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    I just enabled Rift Core 2.0 in the settings. I saw a message saying it would restart.  It did not restart, and now it will not start at all.  Is there a file I can edit to disable Rift Core 2.0 so I can start Oculus?

I am getting the same error I (and everyone) got a couple of weeks back saying:

"Can't Reach Oculus Runtime Service. Your Oculus software may be updating. Please wait a minute and try again. If the issue continues, contact Oculus Support."

Edit:  After I restarted my PC, Oculus Home started again, and a message said I needed to update to the latest NVIDIA drivers.  I did that, and it is now working OK.  Pity I can't use some of the functions (or buy many of the games) as I do not have Touch controllers.  Too many games and experiences do not offer gamepad support.

Cheers,

NerveGear
    Has anyone been successful using the tear-out feature? I'm still getting the exclamation for every program window I try.  
  • gjpcgjpc Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Re-post to this thread:

When I turn on Rift Core 2.0 Beta most of my desktop icons disappear and my task bar shrinks to one screen.  I am running an Nvidia 1070 on two 4K screens connected through DP. 
    NerveGear
    I thought the issue might be that by default the laptop display uses the Intel GPU instead of the GTX. In Nvidia Control Panel I changed the settings so that by default programs would use the GTX GPU instead of Intel and verified that the same GPU Engine was being used by Oculus as the program I'm trying to tear-out, e.g. Firefox, but it's still not working. 
  • grisham24grisham24 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    After installing the headset would not display any video. I updated the videocard drivers from 391.01 to 391.24 which solved the initial problem.

I opened my 34" desktop in the VR home and it looked great. I opened a browser window and website to test out the functionality - all good. However, after I finished my session I discovered that windows that were already open were hidden on the virtual monitor created by Oculus beta 2.0. I had to go into the Windows display settings and choose not to extend the display onto the virtual monitor. This is currently required after each time the PC is restarted.

I am running i7-7700K, Asus Z170WS, 32GB RAM, Intel 750 series 1.2TB U2, NVidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB 
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    My problem with this is there's no Locomotion and it is rather dull to be in the same place to run your VR from. 
    Why not make it a Lounge to meet all Online Friends? It's therefore got purpose over the Home Monitor using mouse!
    NerveGear
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    My problem with this is there's no Locomotion and it is rather dull to be in the same place to run your VR from. 
    Why not make it a Lounge to meet all Online Friends? It's therefore got purpose over the Home Monitor using mouse!
    There is locomotion via the teleportation system in Oculus Home. When in Oculus Home press and hold forward on the analog stick. Rotate the analog stick to position your perspective and release to transport to that location. 
  • jimmycheckersjimmycheckers Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    My problem first started with the store. I keep getting a world store app isnt loading or something. But in original hub it works fine. Now, while trying to fix the store, the audio from the headset is at a higher frequency. The only thing I did was pick up my PC to my friends house to play there. I didn't drop anything or damage the PC. I even reran the setup to repair oculus. Any suggestions

• ArtamentixArtamentix Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm having a few issues with vanishing items in home. At first I lost a game cartridge and after experimenting with creating a new home then deleting the old one, a different item, my bow is gone, it still shows 0 copies available even if I reset the room and everything.

Also, occasionally the alt key can be stuck virtually and this disables all virtual keyboard input, requiring to exit the rift and press alt on a real keyboard to use my virtual one again.

Very rarely I've had issues in that oculus desktop fails to register any input, forcing a whole system restart to fix.

One final thing I'd love to see is the virtual windows I drag out to be fully interactable and stay there if on the main desktop window they are either minimised or not in focus.
  • ArtamentixArtamentix Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Recent update has given my my bow back. Have noticed a new issue in that after taking the rift off, then putting it back on after a short while, the virtual keyboard fails to load correctly. It displays a blue screen over the top of where they keyboard should be. This virtual keyboard still functions however. Specs as it stands graphically, is a GTX 1060 6GB with the latest driver version.
  • Mr_PayneMr_Payne Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I am using rift core 2.0 and had no problems until today. I stream Quill arting and gaming on twitch so the pinned window option was necessary. The problem is that, in the middle of stream, I had to restart the Oculus service because the pinned window would go completely blank. This happened on 3 separate occasions in one hour. I had to quit streaming VR as a result.

Before restarting the service I tried to unpin, x out of that window, then grab the window from the desktop view again, however, the new window would be blank when grabbing it from the desktop window. The original window that I grabbed it from on the desktop has the visual data but the window I pulled out did not. This is super frustrating as I have come to rely on the feature. However, I know this is just beta so there is nothing I can really do but help you guys figure this out. I love the pin window feature but having my Twitch chat disappear or my discord chat disappear in the middle of a streaming session is really disappointing and has affected my stream.

Anyone know of a solution to this?
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited April 2018
    VipHybs said:
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    There is locomotion via the teleportation system in Oculus Home. When in Oculus Home press and hold forward on the analog stick. Rotate the analog stick to position your perspective and release to transport to that location. 
    You do know that Locomotion and Teleportation are 2 different methods of moving right?
    Most of us do want Smooth Locomotion (or Smooth Loco to be cool) and do not see any point what so ever in magic Teleportation unless it is mixed to enable you to 1. save running around time and 2. jump to places you can not get to otherwise as in DOOM VR and others like it. When we play VR we want to move around smoothly and do not want the patronising excuses that otherwise it would make us feel sick. LOL! We get used to VR just as we do binge drinking and finding our way back home.
    Having said that, although I never get dizzy like the first few weeks I do still lean when flying the Harrier in CAP2. It's bloody awesome!
  • DARKKiDARKKi Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Does the Rift Core 2.0 work with 3 monitors yet? I mean is it fixed? 
    ..:: DARKKi / NZTi! ::..
    Ninja Zero - Prototype v0.4b "ssdd"
  • ZynamicZynamic Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I'm still missing the Desktop icon (just a blank space next to Store/Home) within Dash running 1.25 so missing out on a lot of features. I wonder if it's a problem with running on Windows Server 2016 rather than Windows 10?
  • TaomynTaomyn Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Mr_Payne said:
    I am using rift core 2.0 and had no problems until today. I stream Quill arting and gaming on twitch so the pinned window option was necessary. The problem is that, in the middle of stream, I had to restart the Oculus service because the pinned window would go completely blank. This happened on 3 separate occasions in one hour. I had to quit streaming VR as a result. 
    I've been having the same issue since 1.25 dropped, and I also haven't been able to fix the problem. I thought I did after I performed a repair install of Oculus Home, but the next day it started doing the same. I've also not tracked it to any one particular application either or any game I happen to be playing, and I've sent feedback via Home a few times as well.

Let's hope the next update fixes this.
    ---
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming 8G GPU | Corsair Force MP500 M.2 120GB SSD | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SDD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Corsair 250D Case | Corsair RMx 750 80+ Gold PSU

• DaemonWhiteDaemonWhite Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Been trying out Core 2.0 and I've had my video outputs basically break. I loaded up Bullet Train today after being in Home for a while messing around with archery and basketball. The game played for about 10 seconds before getting MASSIVE stuttering and hangs (5 frames playing every 2 seconds). My main 2 monitors (One DP, one DP to HDMI conversion cable) were also black and flickery like if something was being plugged and unplugged repeatedly. 

I had to force down the Bullet Train process before it would stop going haywire. Happened when trying Home on it's own once as well.
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,854 Valuable Player
    falken76 said:
    I had a problem, I can't use the beta right now.  I have a dual screen system.  When the beta installed, it overtook my dual screens.  Rift Creates a virtual monitor in display settings, this pushes one of my monitors over and then places the rift next to monitor number 1.  Then monitor number 2 only goes diagonal to the rift.  The rift is labeld Monitor 3.  No matter where I move monitor number 2, when I hit apply it goes back to the diagonal position it was in.   What this causes is a scenerio where your extended monitor still works and windows open on it like they always have, but your mouse can not go within the boarders of that monitor so you can not interact with anything using the mouse.  This happens even if you don't use the rift at all once the beta is installed.  I couldn't roll back because once I load the oculus software it took up an entire screen and there was no mouse to even use to select the settings tab.  I couldn't close the screen with ctrl+alt+Del because the screen that is supposed to come up doesn't show up at all.  This really messed up multi displays big time for me at least.  I had to do a hard reset.  Once I uninstalled the rift software I could get access to my windows again.  When I would move things in display settings and hit apply it actually made changes again.  This was 100% caused by the latest oculus software update.

On a positive I did get to play with dash which seems kinda cool.  Looks like what Steam has in their vr also.  A room you can decorate.  I guess it's kind of cool.  I'm afraid to try it again now.  I think I'll hold off on the beta until they do at least their first patch.

Hi! I have exactly the same issue  >_< Did you solve it in any way? Thank you :)

No I opted out of Beta and decided to give it a try again tonight, 3 months after you posted this.  It is still broken in the exact same way.  I forgot that the mouse disappeared on me back then too, but apparently it did, that's what I'm reading in the quote.  I found a way to get the monitors back, you have to open task manager and kill OVR services.  If you're in 2.0 already you're pretty much screwed because you lose the mouse and then you can't select the beta options at all.  By the looks of my own post, I'll have to uninstall and re-download that huge install again.  I'm hoping there's a config file I can edit, I posted for help, but I doubt anyone will even respond to it because I'm not finding this missing mouse happening to anyone else, or if it is nobody is posting about it.  My guess is I'll end up uninstalling and re-installing and NOT going into beta again for another half a year when I forget again and then the problem will probably still be exactly the same since it hasn't changed in the last 3 or 4 months so far.
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,854 Valuable Player
    DARKKi said:
    Does the Rift Core 2.0 work with 3 monitors yet? I mean is it fixed? 

No, it's still broken for me, completely unusable.  If your monitors are inaccessable, you can open task manager, go to services and kill OVR, it'll give you back access.  THEN restart the service and load Oculus, it might not lose control of the monitor, but if your mouse disappears you won't be able to even access the opt out menu for Beta and will have to do a repair to fix it.  When you select repair, it should be labeled correctly. as waste 4.24 GB of bandwidth to re-download the setup file because we won't let anyone at all save it to their machines.

Yeah, so you better not even get your hopes up to use 2.0, at this rate it'll never get fixed.
  • DaemonWhiteDaemonWhite Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited April 2018
    Ok, new issue: Last one was mostly solved by double checking and making sure that windows wasn't managing the power to USB ports in Device Manager (Bullet Train is still broken though).

After playing Windlands for a while, the popout twitch chat I had and keyboard displays stopped working and only had a fragment of my wallpaper displaying instead. Closing and reopening them didn't work, returning to home didn't work either. Only after closing Oculus Home did I think to try and reset the displays using windows to see if that would work
  • LAW1980LAW1980 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Only had the rift a few days, but my problem wasn't in Rift Core 2, the problem was Rift Core 2...

With the Rift beta enabled, the headset would black screen, I scoured the internet, chekcing USB's, power management, multiple resets, checking increasing, reducing and removing the very slight overclock I use, and nothing was working..

I turned off the Rift Core 2 beta, and everythings been perfectly fine since.
    I'm not sure what the exact problem is, maybe I just need to cross my fingers for new Nvidia drivers but until then i'll just have to give it a miss.

specs : Ryzen 2400g, Nvidia 1060 6gb, 16gb ram @ 3000mhz,
  • wud08wud08 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    @LAW1980 Same here running a gtx980, i had it working one time on win7 but since i switched to win10
    no beta 2.0 for me.
    I´ve tried everything from USB-Cards to HDMI>DP
    nothing works still black screen  

• Zyl0Zyl0 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Windows I tear out and the keyboard have recently become black boxes. They are still intractable, but I cant see anything i'm interacting with.
  • currololocurrololo Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I haven't change any option but I can't run Steam games anymore using only Oculus Tray Tool settings (Start Oculus service when tool starts). Now I have to start Oculus Home in order to run Steam games, that is, another process limiting the performance. :(