Oculus Desktop missing — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Desktop missing

david.bowerydavid.bowery Posts: 6
NerveGear
edited January 2018 in Support

Is it just me who has lost the Desktop icon? I had it there a few days ago.
I've tried toggling the beta on and off, going back to the original home..

Any other ideas?

Just to let you know, I fixed it . Turns out if you have two monitors and it set to 'Duplicate' you can't use the Desktop function!
Tagged:

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,708 Volunteer Moderator
    Are you using Windows 10? It's required for Oculus Desktop.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • david.bowerydavid.bowery Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited January 2018
    nalex66 said:
    Are you using Windows 10? It's required for Oculus Desktop.
    Yup, windows 10, up to date too.

Just to let you know, I fixed it . Turns out if you have two monitors and it set to 'Duplicate' you can't use the Desktop function!
  • othmanOsoothmanOso Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello There, I still have the same issue!! :( ,, I have one monitor connected and have one GPU, however the windows version is 8.1, any thoughts?
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    othmanOso said:
    Hello There, I still have the same issue!! :( ,, I have one monitor connected and have one GPU, however the windows version is 8.1, any thoughts?
    Oculus Desktop is a Windows 10 only feature.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Matthias73Matthias73 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited February 2018
    Der Oculus Desktop funktioniert nicht, wenn die Rifts am Rechner angeschlossen ist und kein Monitor.
  • MiddleEyeMiddleEye Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited February 2018
    I still have the issue of not having a desktop icon, and i'm using windows 10 Pro. :neutral:
    My issue may be that I only have one hdmi port and I have to disconnect my desktop to connect the rift.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    You have to have both the monitor AND the HMD plugged in for it to work.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • aigloveaiglove Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    same issue here, but i'm using windows server 2016
  • werelambwerelamb Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    edited April 2018
    I've been having this problem since today, it's driving me mad as I use that function quite a lot. I'm playing on a laptop with windows 10, GTX 1070, haven't changed any settings or anything since yesterday when it was working fine and just all of a sudden the desktop button is gone, I've tried restarting etc but nothing seems to fix it............any ideas?

Ok so quitting beta and turning it back on seems to have fixed it for now...still not sure what caused the issue in the first place though
  • ZynamicZynamic Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I'm on Windows server 2016 and seeing the same missing Desktop issue. I wonder if someone could look into the Windows 10 and 2016 differences and see if there is a tweak to get this working?
  • PiotrekJezuPiotrekJezu Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    werelamb said:
    I've been having this problem since today, it's driving me mad as I use that function quite a lot. I'm playing on a laptop with windows 10, GTX 1070, haven't changed any settings or anything since yesterday when it was working fine and just all of a sudden the desktop button is gone, I've tried restarting etc but nothing seems to fix it............any ideas?

Ok so quitting beta and turning it back on seems to have fixed it for now...still not sure what caused the issue in the first place though
    Late to the party, but it's only now that I've come across this thread. This happens to me every once in a while for no apparent reason and the best workaround I found so far is to go through the sensor setup again. I have no idea why but it restores the Desktop icon every single time.
  • ZynamicZynamic Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Any movement on Desktop only supporting Windows 10? It would be good to understand which API is missing/different in Server 2016.