cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor USB not detected

artvegam3
Explorer
I just got my OR today and I can't finish the setup because the Sensor is not being detected as a USB 3.0. I have a MOBO Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 that has 4 USB 3.0 ports, 2 in the back and 2 on top. I'm connecting the headset into the HDMI of the GTX 970 videocard and the USB into one of the back USB 3.0 ports, both are recognized as OK by OR setup. Then I plug the sensor in the other USB 3.0 port in the back and marks an error. I swap the USB 3.0 port connections with the headset and the sensor, but I get the same error. I plug back the headset and is marked as OK. I have tried in all the other USB ports, even the 2.0 but still get the error.
In the Device view in control panel, it shows the OR sensor and it says at the bottom that is connected at a USB 3.0 port. but is marked as an unrecognized device. 
Could this be a faulty sensor? or what other alternatives do I have to explore before discarding that possibility?
Please help. $650 USD is not a small amount of money, to get something that doesn't work out of the box.
Thanks.
44 REPLIES 44

mynameisjohnj
Explorer
I had this problem today and running the oculus-driver didn't help. I had to run Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusVRCValidator.exe and then device manager picked up the devices. This is on a USB 3.0 hub, but I tried every possible combination of ports before running the validator. After doing that everything is fine, I just tried my first game out and things were smooth. 

Oculus - the fact that there's no official response on this and that it doesn't work out of the box makes me think you are a joke of a company. Get it together. 

GabrielKz
Honored Guest
This worked for me: Opened the directory C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers, and manually installed the file oculus-driver. The device manager updated to show the sensors, and everything moved forward!

Sunpuddle
Honored Guest
Easy fix is to just restart your computer while the Oculus software is still up. After my restart, it prompted me to install an update. Viola, works now.

Slayer_Fil
Honored Guest
I had same problem.  Headset worked fine in all USB 3 ports, no sensor detected in any of them. I restarted my PC (Win 10 64b) and Oculus detected that it needed to update, I let it update and now everything is detected!  The old... "Try turning it off and back on"

Benny_Goodman
Honored Guest
(fixed!)
I had the problem that my Sensors wont accept that they are plugged in in USB3.0 plugs.
I first tried to upgrade the driver via the device manager but this didnt help.
What you gotta do is to go on the path:
C:/Programms/Oculus/Support/Oculus-drivers   (more info in the link below)
and run the exe file "oculus-driver"

I did this, at first seemingly nothing happened (no window  popped up) but when i restarted the oculus softwere it detected my sensors without any problems.
I saw alot of people with this problem and didnt find a solution at first, what was quite frustrating, but i hope this helps