cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fistful of Colors Sketchbook

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
For this one I followed the paint export tutorial from SouthernGFX to get the texture out of Medium and create some render passes.
Really having fun with Medium! I'm thinking of doing a full scene soon - but maybe its better to do some more test sketches first 🙂
2xw4nee1uoe6.pngn0rdsi7uncrc.pngw1raaobxv52v.jpg73byz9hfaym6.jpg
168 REPLIES 168

Anonymous
Not applicable

DeadlyJoe said:

@DeadlyJoe - I wouldn't mind that - but something about supply and demand 🙂

With all the RPG Kickstarters and the indie board game explosion going on, there is actually a demand for it. There's.... just not much money. You have to be pretty well connected and well known. I bet you could pick up a side project or two, though.

I think that there's definitely a market for it, although you'd probably have to research it a bit.  The quality of the work speaks for itself, so I think becoming known might not be all that difficult.  Just have to get involved in the right communities.  Alternatively, have some sample pieces or a visual portfolio, some business cards made and show up at a gaming convention, start talking to publishers.  

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Here is a quick posing test - I'll upload a timelapse later as well.

Raw Medium lathe video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfHrUG5XsUQ&feature=youtu.be

2i025j6dd7qt.jpg4ra7dp6ambi0.jpg

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Some more poses:

v9zxzxta3sh6.jpglqj7ic353aji.jpg

Parhelion
Protege
I've been really loving the content you're putting out on your youtube channel. I've been learning a lot from just watching those!

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
I'm glad you like it and feel you are able to take something away from it 🙂

I've recorded a few more timelapse videos of the poses above - here is the first one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBOqVyA8ivA&feature=youtu.be

Anonymous
Not applicable
love seeing the time-lapses! Great sculpt!

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Thank you - I should get back to Medium and finish those sculpts - but spring has really arrived in Denmark and surf is up 😉

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Here is an illustration I did for the Gwent art contest. Unfortunately it didn't win any prizes - but it was fun to do and a great learning experience. All 3d work was done from scratch in Medium.

fnze2jhkm35e.jpgucunku71a9oj.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Absolutely stunning, mate. Those Gwent judges must have shit for eyes! Is it an overpaint or did your texture it in marmoset or substance  or something?

LZoltowski
Champion

Here is an illustration I did for the Gwent art contest. Unfortunately it didn't win any prizes - but it was fun to do and a great learning experience. All 3d work was done from scratch in Medium.

fnze2jhkm35e.jpgucunku71a9oj.jpg

I think I might have orgasmed, multiple times ..
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂