cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Monsters Sculpting Contest (submissions due April 20th at 12pm PT)

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Oculus Medium Monster Sculpting Contest

sebxdmkyzent.png
*For inspiration, creature based on Carlos Huante's concept and sculpted in Medium by Giovanni Nakpil.* 

Medium will be at Monsterpalooza in Pasadena, CA April 13-15th. 

In celebration of the show, sculpt a monster utilizing Oculus Medium and enter to win a 3D print of your monster! 

Rules: 

1. Submissions must be made in Medium only.
  2. Submit three (3) photos and/or a (1) 20-second video of your final sculpt.
  3. Submission screenshots and videos must be taken with Medium internal photo and video tools.
  4. One entry per participant.
  5. Must be 18 year or older, must be in located in United States, United Kingdom, Canada (excluding Quebec), France, Germany, Netherlands, Poland or Japan.   
  6. Please see official rules attached

Submission: 

1. Email submission of 3 photos and/or 1 20-second video to: medium@oculus.com
  2. Due before 12:00 p.m. PT on April 20, 2018

Judging Criteria: 

60 points: Design creativity and uniqueness

30 points: Interpretation and clarity of theme to the judges/viewers

10 points: Presentation (choice of pictures or video will not be counted against submission) 

Judges: Members of the Medium team. 

Good luck! 

34 REPLIES 34

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
@starakat I think you just need to e-mail your video or pictures. I don't believe that uploading the sculpt is a requirement of the contest -- at least that hasn't been a requirement of previous contests. Depending upon the size of your sculpt file and your upload bandwidth, it can take a long time to upload a file to your gallery. Did the upload fail with an error? 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
I'm in the same boat. Got #coral, which I think is code for - sculpt too big. I just emailed the entry anyway

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah you only have to "Submit three (3) photos and/or a (1) 20-second video of your final sculpt" as I can imagine it would take too long to download and view all entries in VR! 🙂 

I just sent over my photos and videos in the nick of time! Trying to upload now so fingers crossed it works.

Edit: Yep got hit with #coral too  😄

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Damn yuo Facebook, give us a 10 gig limit ya tightfisted batsards!  😄

starakat
Explorer

DeadlyJoe said:

@starakat I think you just need to e-mail your video or pictures. I don't believe that uploading the sculpt is a requirement of the contest -- at least that hasn't been a requirement of previous contests. Depending upon the size of your sculpt file and your upload bandwidth, it can take a long time to upload a file to your gallery. Did the upload fail with an error? 

There wasn't an error, it said it was added to uploads but then nothing happened.

starakat
Explorer
Tried to share my sculpt again and got an error message this time about Medium not being able to move the files. #azure  Anyone know how to resolve this one? @DeadlyJoe

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
I'm not sure what the #azure error is, sorry. @MattHickman or @"naomi.cornman" will know.

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Hey guys! All your monsters have been submitted for vote. Sharing to our website gallery or Facebook was not a requirement for this contest, so you're all in the clear! 

#azure is Medium having trouble moving or saving asset from one file to another. When you save, we create a temp folder then write to your directory. Check that you have admin rights to your temp folder. Also can be that there is something with the same name in your directory and is having trouble writing over it. 
#coral is Medium unable to share to the website, usually because your sculpt is over 400MB, which is all we can handle at the moment. 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the info @"naomi.cornman" ! its good to know the limit, i can try compress and reduce the file till its under that size 🙂

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Can't wait to see what everyone did. 🙂