can I use my oculus store credit to buy a third sensor please? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

can I use my oculus store credit to buy a third sensor please?

dan108dan108 Posts: 173
Art3mis
can I use my oculus store credit to buy a third sensor please?

thx

Comments

• Orodreth16Orodreth16 Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hi,

that's a nice idea. Unfortunately, it's not possible.
    See here: https://www.oculus.com/legal/store-credits/

Credits may only be redeemed for purchases of digital content from the Oculus Store
  • dan108dan108 Posts: 173
    Art3mis
    Hi,

that's a nice idea. Unfortunately, it's not possible.
    See here: https://www.oculus.com/legal/store-credits/

Credits may only be redeemed for purchases of digital content from the Oculus Store
    thx a lot for your help, are you from officlial oculus support? if yes I wish to ask you to take in consideration the idea ti implement this feature please.
  • Orodreth16Orodreth16 Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    Nope, sorry, I'm not an Oculus employee...
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Correct, store credits are for digital items only right now.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Art3mis
    Correct, store credits are for digital items only right now.
    there is any hope to see news about using credits for hardware? I could wait a little bit, thx
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,418 Valuable Player
    Hardware will not be seen as equal to software so this will never be a thing sadly.
    Art3mis
    Mradr said:
    Hardware will not be seen as equal to software so this will never be a thing sadly.
    cant I but hadrware on steam using steam credit?
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,418 Valuable Player
    dan108 said:
    Mradr said:
    cant I but hadrware on steam using steam credit?
    They are also removing said hardware from their store really soon. Usually the credit they give doesn't have a real value behind it (aka why you can't get the money as a return). So it really depends on the credit type.
  • NeokinNeokin Posts: 93
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 2018
    dan108 said:
    there is any hope to see news about using credits for hardware? I could wait a little bit, thx

Be aware that Store Credits expire. Don't wait too long to use them.

From the link Orodreth86 gave:
    • Credits will expire on the date expressed in connection with the promotion or at the point of issuance. If no expiration date is provided, Credits will expire twelve (12) months from the date they are posted to your Oculus Store account. Upon expiration, credits will no longer be available and will not be refunded.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,581 Valuable Player
    edited April 2018
    The fact you will buy software at some point for your VR headset, makes using store credit for hardware pointless. Unless you purchased the headset just to look at Oculus Home.
    Art3mis
    ok thx! I'll wait F8 to hope in a sales for the single sensor, I hope they will make it!
  • EvogaEvoga Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    I am going to buy the touch controllers package instead as a sensor is included with them and its not much more , only need to purchase an extension cable with it.  Then if one of the buttons is faulty from playing echo arena or I smash one against a wall after being disorientated in a game I will be prepared.
    Art3mis
    Evoga said:
    I am going to buy the touch controllers package instead as a sensor is included with them and its not much more , only need to purchase an extension cable with it.  Then if one of the buttons is faulty from playing echo arena or I smash one against a wall after being disorientated in a game I will be prepared.
    I wish but I have huge economic problems and I cant. It's a miracle I own a nice PC and a oculus rift, I cant't say more here. but yes your is good idea. maybe if they do a super sale for F8....