cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all thank you for dedicating your time to help the VR community. I have an issue with tray tool, and with all oculus environment I think, When I start OTT W10 says "Ready (warnings)" in a dark box. Should I worry about? The other problem is about SS and ASW, I use my rift just for playing Rfactor 2, a racing simulator in Steam, if I choose HMD display pixel density, I see PPI 1.37 indepently of SS, with SS 2.0 I should see PPI 2.0, right? I see 2.0 in game menu but not "in race" in race 1.37.  The other problem is with ASW, it does what it wants, if I set 45 FPS sometime is working at 45 other 90 what creates micro sttutering, I dont know what can I do, I tried delete Apollyon folder in appdata/local... Reinstall and it works the same way. Thanks in advance.
My specs: i7 4790 - 16GB 2400mhz - Gtx 1080.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@OscarOrtizRF2 You can see details about hte warning on the log tab of OTT. Most likely it's due to having power managmenet enabled on the sensors.
Regarding pixel density, it might be that the developers are forcing it in-game, meaning whatever you set outside, e.g. before the game starts, is "overwritten" bu the game. You could try setting it to 0 in-game, if there is such an option, and see if setting it using OTT works after that.
ASW is a beast of it's own, and again, might be that the developers are foring ASW method. Not sure about that game in perticular as i don't have it. Might be worth checking out if there's a forum for it and see what they say.
Also, of you only use the rift for Steam games, it might also be worth checking out OpenVR Advanced Settings which is simillar to OTT but for Steam only. OTT does work for steam games but OpenVR Advanced Settings might work better for you in this case. Anyway, check it out at https://github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings/releases

Cheers!

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
Hello, can explain me please, it is difficult for me to understand :
1°) USB Selective suspend
2°) Fresco registery tweaks
3°) Fresco power management
4°) Sensor power management

I own a Fresco 4x USB 3.0 card and 3 sensors in Win7

Should I disable 1°) and 2°) and tick 3°) and 4°) ?

Thanks in advance !

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Calimero_Oeuf Use those settings if you are getting back screen/disconnects, they might help. If not then there is no need to touch them. But f tou ate having issues i suggest

1) Disabled. This is tied to the powerplan so if you change that then you need to disable it again for that powerplan. 

2) again, use if having issues and poor tracking. In raises a bufffer for the Inatack/fresco USB card. 

3), 4) Tick the boxes. 

Cheers!

Xerion
Explorer
Why is there no 1.0 setting on game profiles? The above posts suggest that setting 0 just uses the global setting but I want a global setting of 1.5 and set a specific game to 1.0, which is not possible.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Xerion I'll add this to next version, which i am currently struggling on a bit.

bzowk
Explorer
Hey Guys - 

I just wanted to suggest a feature, please.  One of the things I use the most with OTT is the ability to edit the names and images for 3rd party library items.  When swapping the images in OTT, you may obviously add your own or choose from a few which others have designed - all of which seem to come from a single Reddit post.

Recently, I found the tool "Oculus Home Third Party Icon Editor" which is in an Alpha stage, but under active development and fantastic!  It allows you to add your own specific custom images per title too, but where it differs is that instead of pulling images from a Reddit post, it can pull the 3rd party images directly from Steam.  No, they aren't the exact ones each app would use if purchased from Oculus if available and sometimes aren't perfect; but are much better than what Oculus adds by default for 3rd party titles.

I haven't read all posts in this thread so I don't know if it's been brought up before, but the ability to have OTT match a title with Steam and pull the images over like this app would be great.  Perhaps a collaboration could make this somewhat painless, but who knows - just a thought.

Thanks for your continued work!

pecocus
Protege
@ApollyonVR   Love the tool, but wanted to ask a question.  Invariably, if the computer as been asleep, when I run your tool, it fails to switch the default audio as I've configured it to do.  I close the tool (which also shuts down the Oculus service and Oculus home) and restart the tool (thus restarting the service and software) and the audio switch is successful.  Any thoughts?   Thanks!!!

Netheri
Rising Star
@ApollyonVR referring to earlier post: So if i have global SS set to 1.8 and the game specific to 1.8, is it 1.8x1.8 or does the same or higher game profile setting overdrive the global??
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@bzowk Sounds interessting, i actually have dormant code in there that does something simillar, but i put that on hold to fix other stuff. Will take a peek at it and see if things can be improved.

@pecocus No, not sure what is causing that but will see if i can fnd the reason. Would be intressting to hear if the others with simillar issue can also confirm that it happens after comp has been sleeping.

@Netheri  No, global and profile ss don't "multiply", so in your example you should get 1.8, if the app nativly runs at 1.0.
If the app nativly runs at anything other than 1.0 you get the multiply effect. So if the app runs at 1.8 and you set 1.8 with ott, the effect should be 1.8x1.8, depending a bit on how the developers of that specific game have done things. Use the Pixel Density overlay after setting a new option to see what you actually get.