cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random "Gear VR undocking issue"

AntJ2017
Protege
About a week ago I used my Gear VR for the first time since my Galaxy S8 updated to Android Oreo.  It worked fine.  Since then, though, my phone has been randomly popping up "Gear VR undocking issue / tap here to finish undocking your mobile device" notifications.  It seems to happen about once per day, despite me not having used the headset since last weekend.  Every time I tap the notification it disappears, only to come back later or the next day.

The notification didn't appear at the time I removed the phone from the headset, only sometime later and then multiple times since.  Is there any way I can fix this?
41 REPLIES 41

rwafful
Honored Guest
Me too.  Started after Oreo update.  Any help?

cybereality
Grand Champion
We are looking into the issue, but it would help if you contact us so we can get as much information as possible. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

kirasimo
Honored Guest
Same here guys happens random without even using it

csoroiu
Honored Guest
For me it is happens randomly when not using at all oculus vr, but when pluging in the phone to charge. Otherwise i do not get random notifications.
So every evening when i charge the phone i get the error. But if i try oon purpose to plug it out and in again it does not happen.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please contact us to help the investigation. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

InnerScript
Honored Guest
I also have this issue, a US Galaxy S7. It happens to me a few times a day at random for the last few days.

It started after a few things that I did that were GearVR related. In this order:
  1. I had to unpair and repair the GearVR controller to have it detect
  2. Accidentally went to the GearVR store, rather than my Unity game project
  3. GearVR store, Oculus utilities and a few other related apps then triggered an automatic update

JMDaemon
Expert Protege

Please contact us to help the investigation. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

As much as Id like to.. I have no further information I could give. This is a problem that created itself with no input from us the user. As it is, we have no access to the software that governs the installation and management of the occulus software. We plug in our gear vr and prays it works. You created your walled garden, you know what its doing. 

AntJ2017
Protege
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Oculus apps as suggested by support yesterday.  Reinstalling was simply a case of connecting the phone to the headset and following the instructions and my VR apps didn't lose any data.

Unfortunately it didn't make any difference.  The notification has appeared twice today despite not using the Gear VR since yesterday.  The first time was as soon as I switched the phone on this morning, but unusually it disappeared on it's own quite quickly.  The second time was this afternoon and it remained until I acknowledged it as normal.

Cranston1
Honored Guest
Same issue... How to correct this? I have not used the VR in about 10 months! Can't remove one of the apps. Forced Stop on that application did not correct this either. Very irritating. What's the plan to correct this bug?

rkrio
Honored Guest
Same thing s7 edge several times a say haven't used vr  in weeks