cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random "Gear VR undocking issue"

AntJ2017
Protege
About a week ago I used my Gear VR for the first time since my Galaxy S8 updated to Android Oreo.  It worked fine.  Since then, though, my phone has been randomly popping up "Gear VR undocking issue / tap here to finish undocking your mobile device" notifications.  It seems to happen about once per day, despite me not having used the headset since last weekend.  Every time I tap the notification it disappears, only to come back later or the next day.

The notification didn't appear at the time I removed the phone from the headset, only sometime later and then multiple times since.  Is there any way I can fix this?
41 REPLIES 41

thorvj
Honored Guest
Started to happen to me as well, tried the steps above, S7 edge

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have been getting g random undocking notifications and now went into notifications and turned the oculus notification off and hope this fixes it? Have you guys just tried turning off the notification?

shamalk
Honored Guest
I'm getting the same issue. Seems related to unplugging charger  

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've discovered the problem and are working to fix it now. Please hang tight for a future update. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ChocolateDonut
Honored Guest
My Oreo Galaxy S8 locks up daily which is usually followed by the undocking issue notification.

goooglestudios
Honored Guest
I also noticed the same thing happen to my Galaxy S9. Runs smooth, chokes for a second or two, and I get that notification. That was the one time the notification showed up when I was actively using my phone. Other times, it's when I put my phone on the wireless charger, or plug it in to charge (which I don't do much of). 
"Signatures can be up to 480 characters long."
Wow! That's longer than a tweet! 
And you can edit them?

AntJ2017
Protege
Oculus support responded to my ticket a few days ago to say they've found the problem and there should be an update to fix it within a couple of weeks.

swikles
Explorer
Ive also been getting this its really irritating and its only after i updated my phone to android oreo

alexsantos89
Honored Guest
Plus 1 guys, same problem with my GS8. I hope they fix that soon! I've noticed my phone started drawing more battery than usual after oreo update, is it the same for you?

louise_ryder
Honored Guest
For the last few weeks i have been having this same problem. I havent used my gear vr since i got it in August 2017. The notification for the gear vr undocking issue comes up everytime i plug in my phone charger to my s8. Since this started my charger will not fast charge it only slow charges. Wtf has happened??? Im having to charge my phone a few times a day as its not getting proper charge & the charge i do get goes down rapidly, i am having to put it into maximum power saving everyday too.