cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oculus Update Required" on Note 4

jgardner
Explorer

I have the innovator edition Gear VR (SM-R320), and I just got my old Note 4 replaced with a refurbished one running Android 60101. I plugged it into the headset, it started the setup, I pulled the phone off and installed all the VR apps, logged into the Oculus store, no problems.

Now when I mount the phone back on the headset it says - 

Oculus Update Required 

To update take your phone out of the headset and open the Oculus App. 

You will need internet access to continue. 

OK

I unplug, start the app, updates are set to auto in the Oculus app settings, tried manually updating, said it was already updated. Still getting the same message. I reset the entire phone and tried again with the same results.

Reset the phone to factory settings twice now with the exact same result.

Downloaded and installed the com.samsung.android.app.vrsetupwizard_2.2.13-221301000_minAPI21(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk file from Samsung and had the exact same result.

!!!!UPDATE 04-28-2018!!!!

There is a new version of the Oculus app, and it seems to fix the problem, if you open the app with your phone undocked it should find 4 updates.

New version is 3.40.0.2.3473 (103876948)

13 REPLIES 13

jgardner
Explorer
Update, I have contacted Samsung support and the firmware on my phone is the latest version. Also since you cannot edit forum posts, my Android version above should say 6.0.1

jgardner
Explorer
Additional Update - I have confirmed that all 3 facebook apps are installed and enabled on my phone, in Android 6 (Marshmallow) there is no app called Facebook App Installer, it is called com.facebook.system instead. I will continue to document what I find so maybe someone else does not have to go through this pain in the neck. Any help from support is appreciated, I am also documenting this on Reddit in the r/gearvr sub.

cybereality
Grand Champion
We have received some reports, but please reach out so we can investigate further. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

dapez_will
Honored Guest
I have exactly the same problem as this guy above. How do I resolve?  

Yoatzz
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem on note 4 . Says Oculus required update ? 

VictorGM
Honored Guest
Hola tengo el mismo problema, no se descarga nada directamente me manda al menú de biblioteca, me pongo las gafas se carga bien pero el tactil de las gafas no funciona

jgardner
Explorer
I have opened a ticket with support, i would encourage each of you to do the same, I will also post the resolution back here for anyone else.

XVT123
Honored Guest
The same issue for me. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N900F), Android 6.0.1 firmware, factory resetted. Oculus 3.39.0.7.3291 (102277180). All facebook apps presented and updated (Facebook App Manager & Facebook App Installer updated to version D30.0.1 (8.0 in ROM by default)

jgardner
Explorer
Update: No resolution yet, I am still working with Oculus support.