cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Phonecast VR and Vudu

tobiasj42
Honored Guest
I have been searching all morning and I can't find a reason behind Vudu, which is listed as a compatible app (still) in Samsung Phonecast VR and it not working. You can browse, buy, rent, and view your media, but when you go to play anything (other than a commercial on free with commercials media) you get sound and a black screen. Does anyone have any information or a solution to this?
10 REPLIES 10

wally_myette
Honored Guest
I got the run around on this until I wrote a nasty review on how they ask you to contact them and they never respond. They basically said they were working on it. I don't believe them 

ronnysharma
Honored Guest
The Samsung VR app was working smooth on my Note 8 when on Android 7.1. However upon updating to Android 8.0 now as I will open the app it only load a blank screen on startup and crash itself. Any help?
Ronny Sharma
Appvalley Tutuapp Tweakbox

dmann
Honored Guest
Blank screen here. I have alot of vudu movies I would like to download one if I go on a long trip and have no internet access.

patrick_verst
Honored Guest
Just bought Gear VR specifically for watching movies on Vudu and TV on YouTube TV with my Galaxy S8+. Both apps (Vudu and Youtube TV) are having this problem. Yes, I'm also using Phonecast VR. 

pezzodipane
Honored Guest
phonecast vr almost brick my S9+.

sameeoozy
Honored Guest
Recently bought Samsung S8 and the VR was working fine until the app update. Now i am contacting the support and discussing about the solution.

storms20
Honored Guest
I'm having the same exact problem. Black screen, but everything else is functional, including sound. This really sucks. I was hoping to find an answer here.

ElectricGypsy72
Explorer
I can't find any answer on this for my new Gear VR and Galaxy S8. Is anyone else still having this issue?

andrecarioni
Honored Guest
i need help with phonecast too, can anyone help?????????????