cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO release: May 1st - In Stores!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Multiple sources are popping up announcing this news with "official intent" minus the official confirmation from a Facebook or Oculus representative.

Facebook is looking to officially launch its Oculus Go standalone virtual reality (VR) headset at its f8 developer conference on May 1, Variety has learned from multiple sources familiar with the company’s plans

Source:
http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/facebook-oculus-go-f8-launch-1202728962/

Update:
Best Buy is ready for the Oculus Go launch tomorrow (x-post /r/OculusGo)

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8g32ml/best_buy_is_ready_for_the_oculus_go_launch/

Update:
I drove home with an Oculus GO from Best Buy today!

39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, sounds right to me. I'm expecting it to be announced during Zuckerberg's keynote and everyone in the audience getting a freebie.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
If they do wait until May, then they officially missed their "early 2018" deadline. Even if it's the first day of May lol

Techy111
MVP
MVP
But technically if it's not late then it's early ?  B)
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

parsa010101
Honored Guest
Early 2018 means 2019 by Oculus standard. Don't be optimistic about the release date.

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer

Zenbane said:

If they do wait until May, then they officially missed their "early 2018" deadline. Even if it's the first day of May lol

As long as they launch before the second half of the year, its still early 2018 in business speak. 

Last I checked, May is the fifth month, not sixth.

LZoltowski
Champion

Zenbane said:

As long as they launch before the second half of the year, its still early 2018 in business speak. 

Last I checked, May is the fifth month, not sixth.

Yup.  when we quote a job and say sometime early week that means any day before mid-week.

Q2 in business speak is still early 2018
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
Though a May announcement is still just rumors! Who knows. Maybe it's so good Oculus decided they want to keep it for themselves... 

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus have sent Oculus Go headsets to reviewers apparently:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8ennq3/oculus_has_sent_out_go_review_units_to_journalists/

I'd say that's a nailed on certainty that it's going to release on 1st May.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Anyone wager if these will be available outside of the Oculus store in places like Amazon. To avoid the dreaded delays. I expect these to be quite popular when May 1st comes round.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.