cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fallout 4 VR - Looks Like HTC's Timed Exclusive Has Ended!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bethesda have now patched in support for other HMDs. That makes the exclusivity period 136 days which is a bit of an odd number tbh. No idea why they decided on that number.

Details here:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/611660#announcements/detail/1646506112752382817

posted by JessBethesda @ 06:04PM on April 27, 2018
A new beta update is now available for Fallout 4 VR. Please find patch notes below for what you can expect in this update. 

If you run into any issues from this update, please let us know here, or on our official forums. Instructions on how to opt-in to the Steam beta are also available below. 

Thank you for your continued feedback!

Fallout 4 VR Beta Update 1.2.66.0 Patch Notes
  • Added support for additional SteamVR-compatible headsets and motion controllers
  • Adjusted controls for workshop mode, including a toggleable palette
  • Performance improvements
  • Minor fixes

How to Opt-In to the Steam Beta:
  1. Log into Steam.
  2. Right Click on Fallout 4 VR in your Library.
  3. Select Properties.
  4. Select Betas.
  5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Fallout 4 VR Update 1.2.66.0
  6. Select OK.
  7. Wait for the game to update.
  8. When done, Fallout 4 VR Update 1.2.66.0 should appear in your Library.

Think I'm going to buy that now! B)
55 REPLIES 55

What wait.... off to try now.

I'm very excited.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how it plays on the Rift please. It's had some good feedback on Reddit so far but I want to make sure before I buy it. Ta! 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news - I will likely get this now, I just wish it came with all the DLC.

Anonymous
Not applicable
If anyone wants to get it for a decent price I've found it here for £24.79.

https://uk.mmoga.net/advanced_search.php?keywords=fallout+4+vr

No idea what sort of dodgy shenanigans they do to get these cheap prices but I've bought Steam games from there before and they've worked without a problem.

I originally told myself I wouldn't pay more than 20 quid for it but I'll bite at just under £25 I think.

It works, it works.... IT WORKS!

AND... no more scenery pop-in which I was getting on the extreme right when head turning!!!!!

There goes everything useful I had planned for the rest of the summer.

Snowdog, I could kiss you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

AND... no more scenery pop-in which I was getting on the extreme right when head turning!!!!!

I tell you what. You and @vannagirl can fight for me. 😛

*Picks up phone and orders a mudbath*

nalex66
MVP
MVP

So they've implemented proper Touch controls??!! If so, that's awesome!! What is the control scheme like?

I had decided to put FO4VR aside until they patched it, as I was sick of switching into and out of the SteamVR beta to play it (since the beta doesn't work with other games like SkyrimVR).

That said, I still don't have enough time to play SkyrimVR, FO4VR, and everything else, but I do have some time off coming up soon, so I'm looking forward to catching up on my gaming!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Excellent, I think I will still go for Skyrim 1st and wait for fallout to get to the complete edition... But this is fab news.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
So from what I've seen on Reddit, jump and sneak are like Skyrim now (up and down on the primary hand joystick). Also, turning is now done with just pushing the stick (no more clicking!!), and it sounds like smooth turning instead of incremental is an option now (like Skyrim as well).

If interaction has been moved to the A button (which I suspect is likely), I'll use Input Emulator to move it to the grip button like I've gotten used to, but other than that, this sounds great!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo