cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fallout 4 VR - Looks Like HTC's Timed Exclusive Has Ended!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bethesda have now patched in support for other HMDs. That makes the exclusivity period 136 days which is a bit of an odd number tbh. No idea why they decided on that number.

Details here:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/611660#announcements/detail/1646506112752382817

posted by JessBethesda @ 06:04PM on April 27, 2018
A new beta update is now available for Fallout 4 VR. Please find patch notes below for what you can expect in this update. 

If you run into any issues from this update, please let us know here, or on our official forums. Instructions on how to opt-in to the Steam beta are also available below. 

Thank you for your continued feedback!

Fallout 4 VR Beta Update 1.2.66.0 Patch Notes
  • Added support for additional SteamVR-compatible headsets and motion controllers
  • Adjusted controls for workshop mode, including a toggleable palette
  • Performance improvements
  • Minor fixes

How to Opt-In to the Steam Beta:
  1. Log into Steam.
  2. Right Click on Fallout 4 VR in your Library.
  3. Select Properties.
  4. Select Betas.
  5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Fallout 4 VR Update 1.2.66.0
  6. Select OK.
  7. Wait for the game to update.
  8. When done, Fallout 4 VR Update 1.2.66.0 should appear in your Library.

Think I'm going to buy that now! B)
55 REPLIES 55

nalex66
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

Just played the intro and got out of Vault 111. The fuckers killed my husband and took my kid. Arvina is going to WAR 😮 :dizzy:

Have found that the PipBoy is bloody HUGE. Found the bit in the Settings where you can change the size but now it's located in a funny place rather than my wrist. Oh Well, I'll get used to it I guess lol

I've been using the floating Pip-boy rather than the wrist-mounted one for a couple reasons--the floating one allows you to use both hands to manipulate the menus, and it pauses the game (it keeps going in real time if you use the wrist-mounted option) . Both features helped deal with the finicky menu controls while I was mucking about in the Pip-boy.

Now that the controls have been improved, maybe I'll give the immersive wrist-mounted Pip-boy another go and see how I like it.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think they've moved the position of the PipBoy so that you don't have to look up your arm to see it, it's basically where your hand is. I wish someone could do a mod to move its position though.

I found a mod that positions the PipBoy on your arm

xkmxtob99vcr.jpg

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I wish Bethesda would just come out with it and tell us if they have much interest in officially supporting the fallout dlc for vr. I only want to buy if I can get the complete edition. I rarely buy half games. 

If they will I will wait, if they won't I will by what there is and hack. Not knowing I will do neither
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
The DLC works, you just copy the files across apparently.

MrKaru
Adventurer
Guess I'm picking this up.i enjoyed what little of skyrim vr I played but I definitely prefer gun - focused games when it comes to vr .

I just hope they've made the menus easier to deal with, from what I read about it since launch its been a nightmare. Making it "usable" isnt really what I'm hoping for, I want it to be optimised and perfected. 

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
I've been wanting this game for a long time even before it came to VR, but I'll wait a bit more to buy it. I have to finish Obduction and The Talos Principle first, then a few other ones before I buy anything more.
And in a few months, there will probably be some updates to make it almost perfect for the Rift 🙂
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I've been wanting this game for a long time even before it came to VR, but I'll wait a bit more to buy it. I have to finish Obduction and The Talos Principle first, then a few other ones before I buy anything more.
And in a few months, there will probably be some updates to make it almost perfect for the Rift 🙂

I still need to re-play Obduction since the creators recently added more content.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Well, the good news is that the controls work well, and all the jankiness of trying to scroll the menus and clicking the sticks constantly is gone. The bad news is that Input Emulator doesn't work*, so I can't use the Grab button for picking up items anymore. I guess I can either get used to suing A/X to pick things up, or find another way (maybe AutoHotkey).

*It doesn't work outside of the SteamVR input emulator compatibility beta, which now breaks most games, including SkyrimVR. I haven't tested whether the new FO4VR beta update works with the old SteamVR IE-compat beta, but I suspect that it won't.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nalex66 said:

Well, the good news is that the controls work well, and all the jankiness of trying to scroll the menus and clicking the sticks constantly is gone. The bad news is that Input Emulator doesn't work*, so I can't use the Grab button for picking up items anymore. I guess I can either get used to suing A/X to pick things up, or find another way (maybe AutoHotkey).

*It doesn't work outside of the SteamVR input emulator compatibility beta, which now breaks most games, including SkyrimVR. I haven't tested whether the new FO4VR beta update works with the old SteamVR IE-compat beta, but I suspect that it won't.

Yeah, I think it's a good thing I hadn't gotten very far into the VR version, so will try and just get used to the default setup. Which shouldn't take too long.

Can't wait to go to Far Harbour, that place is going to be properly scary in Survival mode in VR.