cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fistful of Colors Sketchbook

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
For this one I followed the paint export tutorial from SouthernGFX to get the texture out of Medium and create some render passes.
Really having fun with Medium! I'm thinking of doing a full scene soon - but maybe its better to do some more test sketches first 🙂
2xw4nee1uoe6.pngn0rdsi7uncrc.pngw1raaobxv52v.jpg73byz9hfaym6.jpg
168 REPLIES 168

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Holy... freaking... cow! That's awesome!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Damn dude, that's a winner in my eyes!! Sooo awesome, love gwent as well!

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
It's an overpaint - no further 3d used than Medium and a grey render for light information - the rest is Photoshop.

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Getting back to the miniature set I was working on - this is the next stage where I sculpt the character and design basic armor and garments before breaking symmetry.

5ef0n8o4608g.jpgnzqrig8tbaub.jpgrbn8io0q807p.jpg0zur9y5lyw7s.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

It's an overpaint - no further 3d used than Medium and a grey render for light information - the rest is Photoshop.

Mad skills, mate! You photobash the moss rocks?

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Yes - and mixed it with the light information from the render.

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Hey guys, here is something a little different from the usual sculpts.

This is the first client job I did with Medium. 3d rendered packshots for a Danish chocolate company. I modelled the base form in Zbrush and then imported a clean low poly bottle shape into Medium where I created a single highres thin plate of geometry. I then used the move tool to treat these geo plates as if they were real packaging tin foil - wrapping and folding them around the bottle shape to create the random twisted folded look. Final touches in Zbrush for the sharpest edges and then a lot of comp work 🙂

zwivlh18pb6k.jpg
q41fs28nhluc.jpg

Fistful_of_Colo
Adventurer
Back to the miniature sculpt. It was a nice challenge to get the detailed character to look right in this stretched pose 🙂
I had to break symmetry pretty early on - so I'm still fiddling with everything from garments to armor, expression and so on.. 

4d91k0fah12k.jpgeukf7syecdgb.jpgw5g452f9ih5d.jpgz9urtzti4lor.jpg

InkyTheOctopus
Heroic Explorer
Tremendous dynamism in this sculpt mate , top job! 🙂
https://www.oculus.com/medium/artists/inkytheoctopus/

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
What @InkyTheOctopus said! Expression-wise, I'd say pull the jowls back and up a bit and really beast that grimace