cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add payment method

Lufferov
Explorer
I've added my CC details and set my country to United Kingdom (GB), but the "postal code" field can't be edited... If I try to click "Add Payment Method" I get an error "Error adding payment method. Please check your credit card info." But the info IS correct, except I can't add a post code because it won't let me.... HELP!
157 REPLIES 157

edmg
Trustee
I bought an Oculus Go yesterday. First it asked my for my credit card details, I entered the same one I always use, and it told me it couldn't add that one, which rather makes sense because Oculus already have those details tied to my account.

So I went back to the checkout page and tried to buy it again, and the second time it didn't ask for any credit card details and let me buy it with that one. Seems like the left hand of the website doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

chris.britton.94
Explorer
I can confirm edmg’s solution worked for me too: add your credit card as a payment option to your Oculus user profile THEN proceed to order your Oculus hardware using the same credit card info. For some reason, it needs to be defined in both places in order for it to work: Oculus user profile AND hardware order. Oculus Go is on its way!

ocuSayR0n
Honored Guest
Following solution worked for me: start Firefox without add-ons / in save mode!!

I'm using Firefox with few add-ons like NoScript, uBlock, Adnauseam. After trying for two days to add a credit card, creating an account, adding a payment method in the account, which also was impossible, I whitelisted the site in all those add-ons. Again same problems. In the end I started FF in save mode (all add-ons disabled), and tried again....guess what, in order process add credit card error did NOT occur! Expecting my Go in 7 days.
Note, in cart delivery says 3 days but when ordered it takes 7 days!

greenben101
Honored Guest
2018 and issue still exists!? Trying to buy Drift but won't recognise my postcode,you'd swear they didn't want my money!

XeX
Explorer
Same problem here, and support gives me nothing at all for now, i have no problems with steam, this is so frustrating

hank_squiers
Honored Guest
It's now 2019 and I too am experiencing the same problem with being able to add a credit card to my account. I successfully added a Paypal account, but then I get another error when I put in the PIN saying that my information is wrong. The Oculus Support team is really slow to reply (2-3 days between replies) and I'm feeling like their sales model and support revolves around getting people to buy the product and not supporting those who have already trusted the company enough to make the purchase. I've provided screenshots of each step of the process, done everything they suggested (made sure it wasn't my banking house), and I'm still holding a product where I can only access a fraction of the content. Oculus: this is how you fail on a product. You are losing my trust and I expected better. Fix this.

raphQL server responded with error 2078016: A problem occurred when trying to complete your request. This can be caused by entering incorrect information or trying to complete an unauthorized action.

If this issue continues, please visit Oculus Support to get help.

hobinm
Explorer
yep, same issue started about a month ago. when I received a new card  to replace a lost one. basically removed the old card from my account. and went and put in the info from the new card and now get the same error as you guys saying a error occurred trying to complete your request. I checked with my bank  and it fine on my end and told there was no verification request coming from oculus at all which usually happens when you add a payment method to an online merchant and they verify the card is active. do the issue is definitely on oculus's end. so I cant buy any new apps for my go. and I have been planning on getting a rift s for my new pc. but  this whole thing is making me re think it and maybe get the new valve or htc vr headset instead.

QVR-Dude
Protege
I know this won't be ideal for everyone...

step 1: On my Quest, I reset to factory settings with these directions:

A. turned off headset

B. held the power and volume(-) button down simultaneously until boot
screen in headset appears

C. navigated to factory reset with the volume button

D. re downloaded the Oculus App. onto a different phone(Android) and
paired up the headset through that, going through each step

----the above instructions for a factory reset were submitted by Cybereality--

What I did that failed...

My headset was initially set up in my name with my credit and debit cards(also in my name).
With this setup, I could add no payment methods except a PayPal account which failed as
soon as it got to the list of cards I put on that PayPal account.  I was also setup
with an account outside of FaceBook(Opting not to link my account to it)

What I did(changed) that worked...

1.  After I started over by factory resetting my headset with the steps above, I downloaded
the Oculus App on a phone owned by a friend and paired it up on his. 
2.  That same friend put the headset in his name, completely excluding me from the profile.
3.  When I had to connect to wifi, I connected to his cable modem at his place.
4.  When it asked me to add a payment plan,  I used a credit card that was IN MY NAME with
credit a line of 450.00 dollars and it received it without a problem.

VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND...

THE GLITCH IN THE OCULUS PAYMENT METHOD IS NOT THAT IT INCORRECTLY EXCLUDES
BANKS AND THE PEOPLE WHO'S NAMES ARE ATTACHED TO THE CARD NUMBERS OF THOSE
BANKS. 

THE GLITCH IS THAT OCULUS PAYMENT SOFTWARE IS SHUTTING OUT THE
PROFILES OF PEOPLE BASED ON THEIR OCULUS/FACEBOOK PROFILE NAME AND
HOW OCULUS, THE VR COMPANY AND FACBOOK, THE SOCIAL NETWORK COMPANY ARE ALLOWED
TO RELATE!!!  IT SEEMS TO BE THE CASE!!

I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!

d3mon1cal
Honored Guest
bro any update? i'm still having this problem! :pensive:

Reignendt
Honored Guest

This is a unique issue, so if you need help you'll have to contact us personally. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/

I can't find any contact info from this page. Where can I go to fix this issue today?