cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Found the Fix and possible reasons Oculus Go's will not connect to PCs for file transfer

kingzope
Protege
Update:  So I found the fix for both issues.  The one is simple. 

If you are prompted to allow access to the file system but nothing comes up you need to go into device manager and totally uninstall and delete the oculus ADB driver.

If you aren't prompted at all the only fix I found was to Factory Reset the Oculus Go from the Oculus App and add it back.  Upon doing that it worked when connecting to my PCs.

I saw that the Oculus Go can be connected to a PC for file transfer however every PC I connect it to no prompts come up and I never see the drive in my file system.
DK1 Order No: 574XX (US) Status: Received DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX Status: Received CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX Status: Received Oculus Go Status: Received
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP
I was trying to get unity to see the Go, uninstalling the oculus adb drivers and installing the samsung ones fixed it (I didn't do a factory reset).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

kingzope
Protege
Ok this appears to be a known issue now.  It would really be helpful if someone from Oculus would acknowledge this.  I now have a second Go on hand and the second one immediately asks if I'd like to make my files available.  I can choose yes and on my desktop nothing happens but on my laptop it shows VR device which I can access the file system.  My initial 64GB Go does not even give the prompt.  This is very inconsistent and others are reporting it.
DK1 Order No: 574XX (US) Status: Received DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX Status: Received CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX Status: Received Oculus Go Status: Received

kingzope
Protege
I've also posted this on reddit for added visibility: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8gsrz1/bug_alert_oculus_go_file_system_not_accessible_on/

cybereality
Grand Champion
Interesting. I will share with the team.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

BlackBanshee
Protege
Same problem.  Can't access the Oculus Go with my Windows 10 machine.  Have tried resetting via device manager and I even did a full factory reset on the Oculus Go.  No luck.  I can see the "VR headset" in windows, but when I click on it I just get an empty folder.
Rocket Scientist and VR Junkie

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you please contact us? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

JoshuaJSlone
Expert Protege

Same problem.  Can't access the Oculus Go with my Windows 10 machine.  Have tried resetting via device manager and I even did a full factory reset on the Oculus Go.  No luck.  I can see the "VR headset" in windows, but when I click on it I just get an empty folder.

A few others over at Reddit and I have run into the same thing-- VR-Headset showing, but appears empty and won't allow files to be copied.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same for me (Windows 10 1803).

I get the empty VR-Headset folder, and cannot copy any file to it (Dutch Windows message, something about device disconnected).

So what is supposed to appear there? Are there supposed to be precreated folders there already? I do not know what I should expect.

Also in what category in the Device Manager is this Oculus Adb Driver? I cannot find it. Does the Go need to be connected? I do find in device manager a 'VR Headset' under portable devices.

https://support.oculus.com/212288649367669/
Edit: Oh wait, you have to give permission within the Go, now I see a storage device, and in it many folders.

Up next: trying to get a video and 360 photo on this thing....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quick follow up: So once I gave permission within the Go, I could copy mp4's to the Movies folder, and PANO 360 jpegs to the Pictures folder, and they immediately showed and worked in gallery accessible from main toolbar.
Awesome!

JoshuaJSlone
Expert Protege
Hmm. For me it was only after giving permission within the Go that I saw the empty VR-Headset at all.