cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat saber out now.

MrKaru
Adventurer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rIjcRK_BNU

This game is basically guitar hero with light sabers. It's in Early Access, and in my opinion lacking songs, but user-made songs are on the roadmap and what little that's there is great fun to play.
21 REPLIES 21

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
Looks fun! Though I might wait for user-made songs as I imagine it'll get old really fast if there aren't many songs. 

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

Anonymous
Not applicable

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
I just tried it and I can't understand all the buzz around this game : there's already Audioshield, almost the same thing and you can use ANY music, not just ten... 😕
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

MrKaru
Adventurer

I just tried it and I can't understand all the buzz around this game : there's already Audioshield, almost the same thing and you can use ANY music, not just ten... 😕

Personally, I hate those sort of rhythm games. Crafted songs are much better than auto generated songs in my opinion. I also think cutting the boxes with a lightsaber is much more satisfying than punching notes or blocking balls. 

The main reason I'm excited for this game is the potential. Since they seem to be going the OSU direction of letting users create custom tracks, it has a lot more appeal to me than the other rhythm games for VR at the moment. 

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
Very nice, having a lot of fun with this.

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
Audioshield got old real fast. Not sure about this one.

The gameplay of Beat Saber seems to suit certain type of music (those dominated by drums, for example), but not all. So it is important to have a good selection built in the game.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Looks like it could be a fun party favorite. I'll have to buy this once I'm done with my GO obsession.

MrKaru
Adventurer
Trying out the one saber and no arrow mode is also pretty interesting. It doesn't completely change the layout of the notes but enough to feel different.

They're apparently adding more songs sooner rather than later too, so that's a good thing, but hopefully the custom creator will come before the buzz dies. This is the first rhythm game I've played on vr that felt like it had as much potential as guitar hero, for me at least. 

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Ultimate Star Wars mod for this game:
https://www.roadtovr.com/guy-modded-oculus-touch-play-beat-saber-darth-maul-style/

@Zenbane , might just be the touch modification you gotta make :l

Be good, die great !