cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought oculus go can’t pair with phone.

drbrendan
Explorer
just bought the go.  Can’t connect it to my iPhone.  Tried multiple WiFi networks, going close to router opening and closing bluetooth,
etc etc.   when I go through setup it says unable to find your headset.  Wasted so much time on this please Help!!!!
58 REPLIES 58

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
I think the initial phone pairing (at least) is pure Bluetooth, so focus on that side of it. WiFi should not matter at that point, so it's just proximity to the phone and the phone having BT enabled etc.

Just keep telling it to retry. Some people have reported that it can take multiple tries. Or try another phone if you have that option.

Once it's connected then it will ask which WiFi network you want to use and its password and then sends that info over Bluetooth after which the Go will attempt to connect to it.

drbrendan
Explorer
Thank you for your reply.  I tried an iPhone 7 and 8 so far and reinstalled the app several times.  It doesn’t see the headset.  Turned on and off Bluetooth several times.  Interestingly the headset doesn’t show up under Bluetooth devices at all.  Should it?  Completely bummed.  Maybe mine is bunk.  Any other ideas?  Thank you for your time.

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
You sure you got the headset actually turned on? I remember having to hold the power button down for quite a while (several seconds) to get it going. 

drbrendan
Explorer
Definitely powered on.  Iight lit.  Screen inside says Get your phone etc.  remote pairs.  Just no Bluetooth.  Tried factory reset.  Nothing works.  Oculus doesn’t show up at all in blue tooth screen.  I guess  I will bring it back to Best Buy and get another.  Can you see oculus when you look at Bluetooth devices?

Pixelfox
Expert Protege
In iOS with a fully configured and connected Go, it shows in the Bluetooth "My devices" list as "Oculus Go  Connected".

jenlehner
Honored Guest
Drbrendan im in exactly the same boat. Word for word. I’m so upset. Have been at this for 3 hours now. 

smoore190
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem.  Using an iPhone.  I tried a factory reset on the Oculus Go but same result.

smoore190
Honored Guest
I got it to work using an iPad.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you're having any problem connecting your Go, please contact us so we can look into it. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV